Search found 65 matches

by Italia1963
16 Feb 2021, 21:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati website question
Replies: 8
Views: 1322

Re: Antenati website question

I found a way to get around the problem with the Antenati site that is still occurring. If you have an ipad, go to the page that you are having a problem. It will still look blank, but their is a small box, you can click, and it will enlarge the page, just like when you do your searches on a regular...
by Italia1963
10 Feb 2021, 18:04
Topic: Antenati website question
Views: 1322

Re: Antenati website question

I am having the same issue with the Antenati site...some records will appear and others are either totally blank or you can not magnify them. This all started several days ago.
by Italia1963
29 Jan 2019, 00:56
Topic: Antenati site
Replies: 5
Views: 1909

Re: Antenati site

While a bit slow, it seems to be back up and running (1/28 @ 6:55 pm EST)
by Italia1963
27 Jan 2019, 15:31
Topic: Antenati site
Views: 1909

Antenati site

Is anyone else having issues with the Antenanti site? I never had a problem using the site until a few days ago when it keeps coming up with a notice that site is off-line and then a few minutes later it is back up only to crash again.
by Italia1963
27 Jun 2018, 16:43
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Paternal Haplogroups
Replies: 3
Views: 8546

Re: Paternal Haplogroups

Thanks for the reply.
That is what I thought (paternal only shows for men). I am guessing that maybe this particular female relative had a brother or maybe her father take the test and just wrote down his haplogroup number as her own.
by Italia1963
22 Jun 2018, 21:30
Topic: Paternal Haplogroups
Replies: 3
Views: 8546

Paternal Haplogroups

I am using 23andme.com dna test which shows the maternal and paternal haplogroups. Are paternal haplogroup only passed down through the father or can you get your mother's father's paternal haplogroup passed down to you? The reason I am asking is that I am genetically matched with a mother and her d...
by Italia1963
04 Apr 2017, 16:35
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Court order for birth records in New york?
Replies: 7
Views: 6557

Re: Court order for birth records in New york?

The whole process for going to court without an attorney for: 1) To obtain a vital record document 2) To change information on a vital record document 3) Request a "One and the Same" document can be found here..... http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.org/petition-new-york-state-supreme-co...
by Italia1963
22 Mar 2017, 14:21
Topic: DNA Test Results & Question For Others
Replies: 27
Views: 32430

Re: DNA Test Results & Question For Others

I also submitted my Ancestry.com DNA information to DNA.Land, and I think Ancestry.com seems to be a bit more believable. Under Ancestry.com, I went from Italian/Slavic (which makes sense) to Balkans/Iberian under DNA.Land. I think Ancestry.com has a wider group of submissions so they can more accur...
by Italia1963
10 Feb 2017, 15:32
Topic: Just starting and a little overwhelmed...help??
Replies: 6
Views: 2615

Re: Just starting and a little overwhelmed...help??

As long as your great grandfather did not become a citizen before your grandfather was born, you would be eligible for dual citizenship. However, you would have to prove your g-gf did not become a citizen or became a citizen after your gf was born (which actually, in my opinion, is better because yo...
by Italia1963
04 Oct 2014, 14:13
Topic: advice about NYC consulate
Views: 2461

Re: advice about NYC consulate

I'm surprised that you have not heard from the Consulate notifying you officially that your application has been accepted. While NYC does make you jump through hoops in the application process, once you pass the final meeting, they are usually pretty fast (at least in the last two years) of notifyin...
by Italia1963
21 Dec 2013, 01:32
Topic: NYC Delayed Birth Registrataion
Replies: 19
Views: 11345

Re: NYC Delayed Birth Registrataion

It also seems to depend on which clerk you have at the Italian Consulate. I had a Declaratory Judgment and was waiting for a Delayed Birth Certificate to be issued by the time I had my first appt., but the Consulate would not recognize my citizenship until I got the delayed Birth Certificate, which ...
by Italia1963
14 Sep 2013, 21:51
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 1880 Death Record Pasquale Girardi
Replies: 4
Views: 1987

Re: 1880 Death Record Pasquale Girardi

The Carafano's of Cervinara are in my family tree too!!!
by Italia1963
03 Sep 2013, 23:24
Topic: Line across name on ship manifest
Views: 3047

Re: Line across name on ship manifest

Could it also mean that the person was denied entry into the US?
by Italia1963
19 Aug 2013, 02:01
Topic: Dual citizenship possible?
Views: 4660

Re: Dual citizenship possible?

I'm confused why you say your grandmother was born in the US, but was not a US citizen? Under American law, anyone born on US soil is a entitled to American citizenship, regardless of the citizenship of the parents. If your great grandparents lived in New York State, you would contact the County Cle...
by Italia1963
04 Aug 2013, 23:57
Topic: Birth Certificate from NY -Request for Judicial Intervention
Replies: 13
Views: 13151

Re: Birth Certificate from NY -Request for Judicial Interven

You do not need an attorney to start a court case in New York State. You can file paperwork as a per se. It takes some work, but if you have some initiative, you can do this. You also do not have to appear in court. When your documents are filed, it will be assigned to a Supreme court Justice who wi...