Search found 30 matches

by reboot365
24 Jun 2012, 20:30
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Original Naturalization Certificate Not Good Enough for NYC
Replies: 25
Views: 9112

Re: Original Naturalization Certificate Not Good Enough for

Whoa. Yes, I knew there was a one day difference. But I wasn't trying to hide it. He asked just for the certificate. From what I had read I was under the impression that I only needed the original document. I was prepared to hand him the Oath and petition, but when he didn't ask for it after I showe...
by reboot365
21 Jun 2012, 23:05

Re: Original Naturalization Certificate Not Good Enough for

Yes, his name was Tony. Also, it seemed like this policy wasn't brand new as he provided me with a document to fax to the commune to request the proof that no one else was born on that date with that name.
by reboot365
21 Jun 2012, 16:37

Original Naturalization Certificate Not Good Enough for NYC

So, I just had my citizenship appointment in NYC. I got rejected for two reasons. One was that my GGF's name was anglicized on my GM's BC - I expected that one, and am working on getting a court order. But what I didn't expect was this... I was asked for the naturalization document. So I handed him ...
by reboot365
19 Jun 2012, 16:12
Topic: Form 4 - NYC
Replies: 1
Views: 972

Form 4 - NYC

My appointment in NYC is this week, and I think I have everything done, except possibly one thing. I am applying GGF - GM - F, so I am applying under category 5. It asks me to fill out form 3 or 4 (3 if living, 4 if deceased) for my GM and F, which I did. But then I realized it never asked for me to...
by reboot365
10 May 2012, 21:08
Topic: Paris Consulate
Replies: 2
Views: 1420

Paris Consulate

I have an appointment coming up in June at the NYC consulate. I managed to nearly get everything done, but there's one thing I couldn't fix in time because I need a court order (my GGF in my direct line anglicized his first and last name on my GM's BC). So, I plan on still going in case for some fre...
by reboot365
29 Feb 2012, 19:16
Topic: Abtran Email
Replies: 0
Views: 760

Abtran Email

I'm applying at the NYC consulate, and today I got the following email from Abtran, the service I set up the appointment through: ****************************************************************** Dear Applicant, I’m emailing on behalf of the Italian Consulate Citizenship office in New York. We woul...
by reboot365
21 Feb 2012, 21:41
Topic: Two Appointments
Replies: 1
Views: 825

Two Appointments

Is it possible to schedule two (NYC) consulate appointments? The reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking that I won't be ready by my June appointment. That is, I'll have everything done except one possibly big issue - my GGF's name is anglicized on my GM BC (direct line). As it's NYC, it probably won...
by reboot365
21 Feb 2012, 14:09
Topic: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?
Replies: 41
Views: 15155

Re: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?

Thanks for all of the responses. I have 3 documents that need correcting: GM BC, GM MC, and if it's not too much of a hassle, my GGM DC (but that might be a lost cause of errors). I'm concerned if I have to submit original documents, which would include my original Italian documents. Do they definit...
by reboot365
20 Feb 2012, 02:43

JJ313, my GGF's MC is from Italy. My GM's BC has a typo for her mom's name, but NYS said that they would correct that. So once that's done, there will be a connection. Also, his death certificate lists his wife's maiden name for some reason, so a further connection. I'm not sure about the other docu...
by reboot365
19 Feb 2012, 04:18

rjnigro, my appointment is mid June. Everything that occurred (births, deaths, marriages, etc.) that happened in the US all happened in upstate NY. JJ313, I'm not really sure how to prove it. His Italian documents say the Italian name, the NYS documents say Frank Williams (my GM BC, his DC, my GM MC...
by reboot365
17 Feb 2012, 19:16

Since you're documents are Pennsylvania, you might want to look here: http://expatsinitaly.com/phpbbforum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9203 In New York/NYC one files an action in the Ex-Parte section of the NYS Supreme Court. Their is no "defendant". One files for a declaratory judgement. rjni...
by reboot365
03 Feb 2012, 16:16
Topic: Last Names
Replies: 14
Views: 3538

Re: Last Names

Ah, I see what you mean jennabet. But now I have another problem - if I were to leave it, I just changed his death certificate to Francesco Guglielmi. I'm applying at the NYC consulate - do you think this would be an issue?
by reboot365
03 Feb 2012, 14:10

Re: Last Names

If the other documents prove without a doubt that the person is who she says she is, I wouldn't bother changing anything in this case. First thing: Yes, my GM is in my direct line. And jennabet, what do you mean about the other documents? The other documents with my GM on them (her MC, my dad's BC ...
by reboot365
31 Jan 2012, 23:24

Last Names

I have a question about the importance of having the same last name. I'm waiting on a copy of my grandmother's birth certificate. I am anticipating that her last name on her birth certificate will be Williams, and that her father's name will be listed as Frank Williams. However, Frank Williams was n...
by reboot365
01 Dec 2011, 23:17
Topic: Middle Names
Replies: 3
Views: 1404

Re: Middle Names

Thanks for your input kontessa. I took another look at the MC, and I found something interesting. From what I understand, you need to submit the estratto riassunto di atto di matrimoni. That doesn't list his middle name. However, I also got a photocopy of the original document, and that DOES list hi...