Search found 246 matches

by Amansolillo
23 Feb 2024, 06:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for the death record of Gabriele Fusco of Messina
Replies: 1
Views: 5288

Re: Looking for the death record of Gabriele Fusco of Messina

Alternatively, I am also looking for Gabriele and Antonia's marriage record. I tried checking the marriage records in Messina from 1825 (accounting for inaccurate birth years) to 1841, and the neighboring towns of Messina from 1835-1841, but I have had no luck. I speculate that Gabriele or his ances...
by Amansolillo
07 Feb 2024, 02:51
Topic: Looking for the death record of Gabriele Fusco of Messina
Views: 5288

Looking for the death record of Gabriele Fusco of Messina

Hello, I am looking for the death record of Gabriele Fusco (b. abt 1808) of Messina. Gabriele was married to Antonia Brandino. I have not yet found their marriage record, but their daughter Orsola was born in 1841 in Messina (https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua374601/02aXyWj) and their ...
by Amansolillo
08 Nov 2023, 06:15
Topic: Guglielmo Babelli (orphan)
Replies: 0
Views: 13451

Guglielmo Babelli (orphan)

I am seeking assistance in determining the parentage of Guglielmo Babelli, an orphan. Guglielmo was born on 15 September 1905 in Rome at a maternity ward for unwed women. His birth record (https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua19801797/wEJmgK7) does not list either parent. Shortly after hi...
by Amansolillo
27 Apr 2023, 00:16
Topic: Birth record translation help
Views: 170

Birth record translation help

Hello,

I would like assistance translating the following birth record for Guglielmo Zagari.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 79/wXqRrqW

Thanks
by Amansolillo
24 Aug 2022, 01:08
Topic: Looking for researcher in Caserta
Views: 309

Looking for researcher in Caserta

Hello, I am looking for a researcher in/near Caserta who offers digitalization of parish records. I would like to see if the records in Vairano Patenora could be digitized.
by Amansolillo
31 Jan 2021, 06:49
Topic: Itri digitization project
Replies: 2
Views: 780

Itri digitization project

Hello,

I am looking for individuals researching Itri who would be interested in splitting the cost to digitize Itri's parish records. If anyone is interested, please send me a DM.
by Amansolillo
26 Aug 2020, 02:46
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Guglielmo Babelli orphan discovery record translation
Views: 435

Guglielmo Babelli orphan discovery record translation

Hello, could someone please translate the following record? It is the record documenting the discovery of Guglielmo Babelli, an orphan. I am having a hard time reading the block of handwritten text towards the end. It is record #1763. Thanks. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Sta...
by Amansolillo
30 Oct 2019, 19:44
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Proper formatting of location names (pre-unification of Italy)
Replies: 5
Views: 2114

Re: Proper formatting of location names (pre-unification of Italy)

Grazie Pippo!

Any idea how locations once part of the Papal States may be formatted? Only one town that I research, Pontecorvo, was part of the Papal States, and is was an exclave in the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, so I am especially confused how to properly and accurately format the name.
by Amansolillo
29 Oct 2019, 19:53
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Proper formatting of location names (pre-unification of Italy)
Replies: 5
Views: 2114

Proper formatting of location names (pre-unification of Italy)

Hello, I am wondering how to correctly format location names of comuni during pre-unification periods such as the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies/Kingdom of Naples. For instance, the town of Prata Sannita would be formatted today as Prata Sannita, Caserta (province), Campania (region), Italy. Would the ...
by Amansolillo
23 Aug 2019, 07:15
Topic: Vairano Patenora - Guglielmo Babelli (orphan)
Views: 1282

Re: Vairano Patenora - Guglielmo Babelli (orphan)

I have looked through the birth records of Vairano Patenora and neighboring towns from 1900-1910 and was unable to find any birth records for Guglielmo Babelli. I even tried searching for Guglielmo Esposito on the off chance that he was given the last name Babelli upon adoption. The last name Babell...
by Amansolillo
23 Jul 2019, 03:48
Topic: Vairano Patenora - Guglielmo Babelli (orphan)
Views: 1282

Vairano Patenora - Guglielmo Babelli (orphan)

I am seeking information on Guglielmo Babelli. He was born about 1909 in Vairano Patenora and was discovered as an orphan. He was raised by the Di Muccio family. He married Maddalena Apici on 15 May 1930 and had three children: Filomena, Gaetano, and Anna. Guglielmo died in Vairano Patenora in 1939....
by Amansolillo
19 Jul 2019, 19:17
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Poland - Lawrence Dejon/Deion and Marianna Stanoszek
Replies: 4
Views: 2059

Poland - Lawrence Dejon/Deion and Marianna Stanoszek

Hello, I am seeking information on Lawrence Deion/Dejon (1863) and his wife Maria/Marianna Stanoszek (1866). They may have come from either Sanniki or Czyzew in Masovian Voivodeship. In 1903, Lawrence immigrated to the United States with two of his children, Victoria (1888) and Henry (1889), and set...
by Amansolillo
08 Apr 2017, 04:14
Topic: Latin records of Sortino
Replies: 7
Views: 2620

Re: Latin records of Sortino

I was able to find a vast majority of ancestors on the Muzzicato and Rio lines on my own in the past few weeks, bringing me to the 1550s. I've had a major difficulty in trying to understand the last name of one of the ancestors I've found. It is the marriage record of Pasquale Virdiano in 1602. I am...
by Amansolillo
26 Mar 2017, 20:27
Topic: Latin records of Sortino
Replies: 7
Views: 2620

Latin records of Sortino

Hello, I recently have been sent information regarding ancestors from Sortino. I've also been made aware that there is a database of Latin records from Sortino available on FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1491141), but I don't know how to read Latin, or what even to look for...
by Amansolillo
29 Nov 2016, 22:16
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Latin marriage records of Canicattini Bagni
Views: 1134

Latin marriage records of Canicattini Bagni

Hello. I was recently sent images of several church marriage records from Canicattini Bagni. The records are in Latin, and some are rather sloppily written. Due to my minimal understanding of Latin, here's all that I was able to understand: Record 1 (http://imgh.us/15252703_10208367067677876_4760452...