Search found 8 matches

by mariapia.girolami
02 Jan 2014, 14:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for Tabacchi in Sottocastello di Cadore, Belluno,
Replies: 21
Views: 9654

Re: Searching for Tabacchi in Sottocastello di Cadore, Bellu

Hi Rae, thanks for the greetings, a wonderful 2014 to you, too ! We're sorry for your husband ... We're having some problems ourselves: Angelo's mother, Tomasina, cannot now be left alone at all, so we've a nurse taking care of her, but of course not for 24 hours a day and not 7 days per week, so An...
by mariapia.girolami
28 Dec 2011, 09:07

Hi Todd and Rae, we don't know how this site works as well, but I think everybody can read everything, so here's our reply: Tabacchi was the surname af at least 60 per cent of the people living in Sottocastello in the past, so if you don't know the family nickname it's very difficult to find anythin...
by mariapia.girolami
23 Dec 2011, 18:12

Hi Rae, I know it's difficult, so here are the answers . Have a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy 2012 ! Maria Pia and Angelo. Re: Valentino Tabacchi Merlo di Giobatta. First name: Valentino Antonio Surname: TABACCHI (MERLO)(Being the family nickname, it goes with the surname. Probably they were...
by mariapia.girolami
22 Dec 2011, 08:35

Thanks Rae for your answer, now we know the rest of the story, too, which is always very interesting to know. It's like a novel: it would have been a real pity not to get to the end of it ! Actually, you could write a novel on this, I think it would be very interesting, and useful for your children ...
by mariapia.girolami
21 Dec 2011, 19:11

Here we are, back to you. So, Valentino and Giacoma got married in the year 1862 or 1863 and had 6 children: Eugenia Valentina, born on 16th January 1864, Maria Grazia, born on 21st January 1866, Martino Carlo Luigi Mainfredo, born on 2nd June 1870, Carlo Pasquale, born on 1st March 1872, Eugenia Gi...
by mariapia.girolami
21 Dec 2011, 13:09

Dear Rae, my husband has just come back from Sottocastello and this is what he found: Giovanni Battista Tabacchi (nicknamed Tita Merlo) was the son of Agostino Tabacchi. In 1830, on the 2nd of September, Giovanni Battista Tabacchi (nicknamed Tita Merlo) and Caterina Tabacchi (nickname Marcante) got ...
by mariapia.girolami
07 Dec 2011, 11:40

Dear Rae Ellen, sorry sorry sorry: after having posted my reply to you, I was expecting one e-mail from you on my personal e-mail address. As I told you, my husband got to this site by chance and we do not know exactly how it works. Not having received an e-mail from you, we thought you were no more...
by mariapia.girolami
11 Sep 2011, 20:55

Dear Raes, we happened to read your message and since my husband is from Sottocastello, he might help you. My husband lives now in Verona with me, but as soon as he goes back to Sottocastello (which he often does, because his mother and some of his parents still live there) he will try to get info f...