Search found 21 matches

by Granadaiscool
16 Sep 2012, 13:22
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Why is my topic locked?
Replies: 1
Views: 1017

Why is my topic locked?

I was away for a few days but did have some postings I would like to respond too and now I can't?

Wouldn't it be better if you just ban the users who are rude and not helpfull(not to name anybody, everybody knows who they are) so I can keep investigating my case?
by Granadaiscool
13 Sep 2012, 21:44
Topic: Impossible to find birth certificate in Argentina
Replies: 46
Views: 17686

Re: Impossible to find birth certificate in Argentina

Under Law number 470 of 27 October, 1988, Italian citizens who depart and remain outside the territory for a continuous period of 12 months or more are required, within 90 days from the date of departure from Italian territory, to register with the Italian Consular Office that has jurisdiction over...
by Granadaiscool
13 Sep 2012, 15:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tosi/Tossi looking for Buenos Aires connections or relative
Replies: 11
Views: 2948

Re: Tosi/Tossi looking for Buenos Aires connections or rela

Did you check the phone records in Argentina?
by Granadaiscool
13 Sep 2012, 15:47

Granadaiscool, first if you will be a student in Argentina for the next two or three years, you cannot apply in Italy during that time. In order to apply in Italy, you must be a legal resident of Italy. I know what is needed for residency in Italy and I will have no problem going for that route if ...
by Granadaiscool
12 Sep 2012, 16:37

Does anybody have a link to an active Argentine forum that talks about this issue?

I have heard that all certificates in Argentina will be/are (digtally) stored in LP, anybody knows if this the truth?

Thanks,
by Granadaiscool
12 Sep 2012, 16:19

A little confused by this statement. I don't know anything about the creation of a delayed birth record IN ITALY, only that one was accepted as part of my application. Is this what you meant? I might have wrote it wrong but I meant that if the Argentine state legalizes the delayed birth certificate...
by Granadaiscool
11 Sep 2012, 19:48

Actually, there is a legal mechanism in NYS to create a birth record that has never been created or filed with the state. It's not done willy-nilly like someone on this forum might suggest, but by following a set of criteria established by the state. You must submit evidentiary documentation that i...
by Granadaiscool
11 Sep 2012, 17:35

I did read online at one time or another, that there had been problems with the falsification of documents coming out of either Argentina and/or Brazil. Guess that consulate you're dealing with in Argentina could provide more insight as to whether or not this has anything to do with their decision ...
by Granadaiscool
11 Sep 2012, 17:29

Due to Schooling reasons I will be in Argentina for the next 2,3 years but applying in Italy will be quite easy for me so I will definitly be interested to know how your situation is going along or was. My citizenship was recognized in 2010 - it took about 10 months to process once my paperwork was...
by Granadaiscool
10 Sep 2012, 21:52
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Importance of bautism for Italians
Replies: 2
Views: 1491

Importance of bautism for Italians

My GGF was born in Calabria in 1883, moved to Argentina in 1898 with a brother, nephew and uncle and got a son in 1918, died in 1928. The mother of his son was of Spanish heritage but didn't have any parents and spend most her life in an orphanage. They never married. From what I heard from my mom t...
by Granadaiscool
10 Sep 2012, 21:32

Is it true the Italian state won't accept the birth certificate if it's not the orignal one? It is possible to have a delayed record of birth accepted as part of a jure sanguinis citizenship application. I applied for citizenship in Italy, and had a delayed record of birth accepted for a family mem...
by Granadaiscool
10 Sep 2012, 21:22

But I'm sorry you have apparently come across incorrect information in these forums from people (mostly using the New York Consulate) who have similar problems and have spread rumors that the consulates will accept birth certificates that have been created for a deceased person. However, when the c...
by Granadaiscool
08 Sep 2012, 20:24

I am looking for the following birth certificate or Bautism act

Hugo Luis Russo, born in 1919 in Capital federal, father Giovanni Russo and Rosa Ierace, married to Hedewigis Caminos in Argentina.

Can sombody give me some leads?
by Granadaiscool
08 Sep 2012, 15:45

.....I have been told by the consulate that as long the orignal birth certificate doesn't show up there is no chance to get the Italian citizenship. They also told me that if there is a intervention by the judge they won't accept that document. It must be the orignal certificate...... Of course you...