Search found 22 matches

by jfalduti
07 Aug 2012, 17:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Amending/correcting an ITALIAN document
Replies: 0
Views: 472

Amending/correcting an ITALIAN document

Has anyone had experience with having an Italian birth record corrected? My GGF's birth record shows the wrong name of the father in the Act itself, however the parents names are correct in the margin and the index. The comune has stated that they cannot issue an estratto with the correct name, only...
by jfalduti
28 Jul 2012, 17:24
Topic: No response from Sindaco or Ufficio Protocollo
Replies: 3
Views: 890

Re: No response from Sindaco or Ufficio Protocollo

Just sent you an email with an attachment. Just wanted to let you know to make sure you got it!

Thank you again so much!
by jfalduti
28 Jul 2012, 17:00

Re: No response from Sindaco or Ufficio Protocollo

Thank you so much! I will email you now!
by jfalduti
28 Jul 2012, 05:59

No response from Sindaco or Ufficio Protocollo

Hello, I have been trying unsuccessfully for months to get a response from someone at the comune of Joppolo regarding my GGF's BC and some positivo/negativo letters. I have followed up every two weeks or so and received no response. To recap: my GGF's BC that I got from italiandualcitizenship.com ha...
by jfalduti
18 Apr 2012, 18:03
Topic: Anyone care to take a shot at transcribing?
Replies: 5
Views: 887

Re: Anyone care to take a shot at transcribing?

Did you mean Angelo's occupation, or did you mean Domenico's?
by jfalduti
18 Apr 2012, 06:12
Topic: Anyone care to take a shot at transcribing?
Replies: 5
Views: 887

Anyone care to take a shot at transcribing?

I just got this tonight from my local FHC. I was excited to finally get to see this but was a bit disappointed in the quality. I scanned the best image I could, but it's still a bit difficult to read. It would probably help if I was used to reading these and was fluent. Would anyone care to take a s...
by jfalduti
17 Apr 2012, 22:42
Topic: "Domenico" Americanized as "Thomas"??
Replies: 2
Views: 876

"Domenico" Americanized as "Thomas"??

Hi, I'm not sure if this belongs in this particular forum, or one of the other ones. I am curious about the Americanization of the name "Domenico", which would correctly be Americanized as Dominick. Has anyone ever encountered it Americanized as "Thomas"? My GGF's father was name...
by jfalduti
28 Feb 2012, 15:37
Topic: "Mortie" Gommina??
Replies: 4
Views: 1087

Re: "Mortie" Gommina??

Justin- thanks for your reply. I was also looking through the names in your profile and there are two that I recognize: One is Catania, which is my mother's maiden name. The other is Ruggiero, which is the name of some extended family through marriage. Both families lived in Hoboken, NJ. However, I ...
by jfalduti
28 Feb 2012, 01:15
Topic: "Mortie" Gommina??
Replies: 4
Views: 1087

"Mortie" Gommina??

Hi everyone- In trying to get over the hump of missing information about my GGM, I am trying to get as much info about her parents as I can. I've gotten some new leads by acquiring their death records, which has their parents' names. I am particularly curious about my GGF's- while it does not list w...
by jfalduti
24 Feb 2012, 21:22
Topic: Info on Falesca/Delisco?
Replies: 9
Views: 2169

Re: Info on Falesca/Delisco?

I see your point.

I'm pretty certain that's an F though. The F appears elsewhere on the page. There's also a T to compare it to, and it doesn't have the line through it. See image:

by jfalduti
24 Feb 2012, 17:18

I do see a lot of variations of the name on FamilySearch.org. Seems to be a lot of Falasco/Falasca/Valasca born in Italy in the later 1800s.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/rec ... 800%7E1870
by jfalduti
24 Feb 2012, 17:06

That might be a good start. Are there LaMoglias in that region as well? It's a shot in the dark, and they did not come over together, but worth a checking out. The first name sounds plausible, but Isabella is more consistent. But who knows what they did. Also the family often used the last name &quo...
by jfalduti
24 Feb 2012, 16:42

For reference purposes... Could this be your GGM (a widow) in 1930 in New Jersey? Yes that is indeed them. There's also a 1910 census with them as well living in the same place, but the spelling is atrocious and you wouldn't even know it's them. I believe the spelling on that is something like Amol...
by jfalduti
23 Feb 2012, 03:20

Info on Falesca/Delisco?

Hello everyone. I am hoping that someone here would be able to tell me some common regions for the surname Falesca or Delesco or some variation of that. This was my great-grandmother's mother's maiden name. Attached here is an image with two versions of the name: the first from my great-grandparents...
by jfalduti
29 Jan 2012, 09:08
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: (Deceased) Father's name on Birth Record
Replies: 2
Views: 808

Re: (Deceased) Father's name on Birth Record

Yes you are absolutely correct I'm sorry it is a marriage record. Ugh I've been downloading and staring at so many documents in Italian I can't keep straight which is which.

Anyway, THANK YOU for clarifying the name it makes perfect sense, as their son's name was also Giuseppe!!