Search found 4 matches

by Brian in Wedmore
26 Sep 2016, 00:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help on birth certificate
Replies: 10
Views: 6382

Re: Help on birth certificate

Hello Eugenia. I don't suppose you will see this after more than 6 years but I thought I'd try! When you wrote Geneva did you mean Genova (ie Genoa)? Albenga is near Genoa. I have been searching for the origins of my great great great grandfather, whose name was anglicanised to Alexander Belleini af...
by Brian in Wedmore
30 May 2012, 21:33
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Genoa
Replies: 2
Views: 1187

Re: Genoa

Hi Marty. I emailed St Andrews but got no reply, not even an acknowledgement. I believe their records are at the national archive but as I live in the west country haven't yet had time to visit. I've found Alexander's marriage and birth certificates and baptism records/birth certs for three children...
by Brian in Wedmore
27 May 2012, 21:19
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Genoa
Replies: 2
Views: 1187

Genoa

My ancestor Alexander (originally Alessandro, I assume)Bellini came to England around 1800, possibly with some siblings, and according to family stories handed down to other descendents he was from Genoa. This was before Italy existed as a single country, of course, and the area was then part of Fra...
by Brian in Wedmore
17 Nov 2011, 21:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Belleini/Bellini
Replies: 6
Views: 3255

Belleini/Bellini

First of all, is the name ever spelt 'Belleini' in Italy, rather than Bellini? My great-great-great-great grandfather, who died in England, was recorded as Alexander Belleini. At the time of his marriage he was illiterate and other spellings sometimes appear for him and other family members but even...