Search found 5 matches

by decbell1
10 Dec 2011, 20:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: WWI Navy Records
Replies: 18
Views: 2482

Re: WWI Navy Records

Wow, this is amazing. I have not even had time to look through all of these, but thank you so much. As I have time to look through them and double check things, her grandfather will be amazed.

thank you so much.
by decbell1
06 Dec 2011, 02:22

Would it be possible for her to be put in that record that you found, even if she had been born in NY, but brought back?
by decbell1
06 Dec 2011, 02:21

The Conn. Death Index has her listed as being born in NY, and my wife's grandfather has always said that they came over to NY when the mother was pregnant, and then gave birth, and then they brought her back to Italy. My records show her father's name being Giovanni Discala, being born 1867. I know ...
by decbell1
05 Dec 2011, 15:17

This is my wife's great-grandfather, and the information I had was from her Grandfather, so I never even thought about the fact that those dates do not match up. He must have simply meant the time around WWI, and probably could have been speaking very generally. I did just find his actual birth date...
by decbell1
27 Nov 2011, 05:38

WWI Navy Records

I am looking for any directions on my wife's great grandfather. I know that he served in the Italian Navy during WWI. His name was Mario Jack Buono. He was born in 1905 on the island of Itschia. I am fluent in German, but don't really know any Italian. If someone could point me in the direction of o...