Search found 12 matches

by J Devo
09 Aug 2013, 02:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: De Vuono family from Aprigliano
Replies: 21
Views: 7253

Re: De Vuono family from Aprigliano

Okay I just had a visit with my grandfather and I asked him about my great grandfather and his ability to read and write in Italian. He told me that from what he can remember my great grandfather learned to read and write when he was a child in school back in Italy. He came from a town called Aprigl...
by J Devo
06 Aug 2013, 23:13

Wow I have not looked at this page in quite some time but it certainly is an important one for my family history. An interesting thing I have noticed in one of the records that Biff supplied to me earlier is that my great grandfather Pietro De Vuono appears to have been able to read and write in Ita...
by J Devo
31 Dec 2011, 01:32

Right thanks Biff!
by J Devo
30 Dec 2011, 18:04

So it is seems possible now that my grandfather Anthony was born in Canada and not the US. I do not think he even has a birth certificate.
by J Devo
30 Dec 2011, 01:52

Hmm that does not make much sense to me as we know that my grandfather who was born in 1922 was born in New Jersey. Maybe my family history is wrong though and my grandfather was not born in New Jersey? He always said he was though. They moved up here to Canada when he was young. I do not know if my...
by J Devo
29 Dec 2011, 23:17

So that was his second trip back over to the US from Italy correct? He must have went over to get his wife and children.
by J Devo
29 Dec 2011, 20:08

Thanks again Biff. Yes that is correct my great grandfather's wife was named Concetta Vigna and his first two children were Virginia and Assunta. Later on he and his wife had three more children one of whom was my grandfather Anthony. On this site I found a birth that may be my great grandfather. ht...
by J Devo
29 Dec 2011, 19:52

I thought I posted a 1903 manifest? The Pietro De Vuono on the manifest you just linked to me looks like my great grandfather as well. Which is correct?
by J Devo
29 Dec 2011, 19:44

Hello Biff, Wow thank you so much those are priceless records for me! I had no idea that my great grandfather's mother also came over to Paterson, New Jersey. I had always thought that his parents had stayed back in Aprigliano. This is excellent new information! :) I think this also helps to confirm...
by J Devo
29 Dec 2011, 18:40

I have found a Passenger Record for my great grandfather on the Ellis Island Foundation website. Here it is below. First Name: Pietro Last Name: De Vuono Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South Last Place of Residence: Aprigliano Date of Arrival: May 07, 1903 Age At Arrival: 23y Gender: M Marital Status: M ...
by J Devo
29 Dec 2011, 01:43

Thank you both very much for the warm welcome, replies and help! It is greatly appreciated! :) All of these sites look really good to me. I have registered on the site that Joannsalvo sent me. I have found a Pietro De Vuono born on 03/2/1880. This may be my own great grandfather. His parents were Gi...
by J Devo
28 Dec 2011, 18:15

De Vuono family from Aprigliano

Hello, I am new to the Forums here and I was wondering if anyone could help me at all in my quest for my De Vuono family ancestors? My great grandfather was named Pietro De Vuono and he was born in around the year 1880 (I think) in the small town of Aprigliano, Cosenza province, Calabria region, Ita...