Search found 6 matches

by jgenesio
06 Dec 2015, 18:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Devoti of Travazzano, Piacenza
Replies: 4
Views: 1281

Re: Devoti of Travazzano, Piacenza

Ciao Daniela, Credo che la vostra Nonno Alessio era nipote di mia nonna Cesira. Non credo che nessuno dei suoi fratelli รจ stato nominato Alessio. Credo che significa che sei il mio cugino di secondo grado, una volta rimosso. Ho parlato con la mia zia Maria al telefono questa mattina e le ho detto di...
by jgenesio
29 Jul 2012, 05:51

Re: Devoti of Travazzano, Piacenza

Thank you so much, Pippo. I'll send an email out tonight.

Jerry Genesio
by jgenesio
23 Jul 2012, 21:26

Devoti of Travazzano, Piacenza

My grandmother was from Travazzano, Piacenza, Emilia-Romagna. She married Genesi Genesio there on 5 April 1910 and immediately left with him to settle in New York, USA. Can anyone tell me who I should contact to obtain a copy of her birth and marriage certificates? An email address would be best so ...
by jgenesio
04 Jun 2012, 06:37
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Castelleone, Cremona, Lombardia
Replies: 1
Views: 1052

Castelleone, Cremona, Lombardia

My paternal grandfather always said he was raised in an orphanage in Cremona, but I recently found his name on a passenger list and he gave Castelleone as his birthplace. I now believe he was telling us he was born in the Province of Cremona, but neglected to add that the town was Castelleone becaus...
by jgenesio
10 Feb 2012, 22:16
Topic: Cremona orphanage
Replies: 2
Views: 1492

Re: Cremona orphanage

Pippo: Thank you so much! I'll check the web site out this weekend.

Jerry Genesio
by jgenesio
09 Feb 2012, 20:20
Topic: Cremona orphanage
Replies: 2
Views: 1492

Cremona orphanage

My paternal grandfather was raised in an orphanage in Cremona and was given the name of the saint whose feast day it was when he was left at the orphanage: St. Genesi Genesio. Where can I find the names and contact information for orphanages that were operating in Cremona circa 1874? Thank you for a...