Search found 35 matches

by tcrawford246
05 Aug 2013, 02:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tracking Down Roselina
Replies: 7
Views: 3307

Re: Tracking Down Rosalina

After all this time, I am still trying to find out more information about my great great-grandmother Rosalina Botta. I have used Cosenza Archive website and familysearch.org; all the searches I have done on both sites with different spellings of her first name and last name have produced zero result...
by tcrawford246
16 Jul 2013, 23:18
Topic: Julia (Guino or Lulu) Caruso
Replies: 6
Views: 2315

Re: Julia (Guino or Lulu) Caruso

Joannsalvo, thank you for posting about that website. I knew about it, but it has been so long since I've been on there that I forgot about it, but since you reminded me about it I have used it extensively. Adelfio, thank you for finding that record. I used the information from it along with the web...
by tcrawford246
14 Jul 2013, 17:48

I have been looking on familysearch.org for records of Julia's (Giovina) family members like siblings, grandparents, aunts, and uncles and I have had zero luck. I have tried many different searches and I can't find anything and it has been very frustrating. Can anyone help me?!

Thanks,
Thad
by tcrawford246
12 Jul 2013, 20:15

Adelfio, Thank you for finding this information. You asked about how I know her birth date and where she was from: I was looking through my grandma's things one day and I came across some funeral cards and one of them was Julia's funeral card and it had her birth date on it. As for where she was fro...
by tcrawford246
11 Jul 2013, 22:13

Julia (Guino or Lulu) Caruso

Hi Everyone, I need some help trying to find more information about my 2nd great grandmother. Her name was Julia Caruso, but in census records her name is either Guino or Lulu. I believe she was born September 28, 1879 in Amantea, Cosenza, Calabria, Italy. I'm not sure of the date of her arrival to ...
by tcrawford246
28 Jul 2012, 03:00
Topic: Help finding a U.S. naturalization document
Replies: 5
Views: 1320

Re: Help finding a U.S. naturalization document

vj, Thank you for taking time to help me with my search for this document. Do you think that maybe he didn't use the name Pietro when he applied for naturalization? Could he have used Pete or Peter? I know on the census documents (except 1910 I have yet to find him in that census) and other document...
by tcrawford246
26 Jul 2012, 21:13

Re: Help finding a U.S. naturalization document

Tessa, You were right the 13A was the sheet number of the census. Here's the link http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1940usfedcen&h=20273379&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt&ssrc=pt_t8411566_p1386059653_kpidz0q3d1386059653z0q26pgz0q3d32768z0q26pgPLz0q3dpid Here's his information:...
by tcrawford246
26 Jul 2012, 04:22

Help finding a U.S. naturalization document

Hi everyone, I was looking on ancestry.com at the 1940 census and I found the sheet number for my great-grandfather's naturalization document. According to the 1940 census it is Sheet 13A. I have tried to search for it on ancestry, but there is so many of this type of record for Pennsylvania and I d...
by tcrawford246
25 Apr 2012, 14:28
Topic: Help finding records for Pietro Gatto born 1887
Replies: 27
Views: 8304

Re: Help finding records for Pietro Gatto born 1887

Suanj,
I know you found that information and I am very grateful for that.

I don't know Pietro's brother's name, but I thought that if I posted the information you found about Pietro that someone could use that information to find his brother or siblings.
by tcrawford246
25 Apr 2012, 02:25

My great-grandfather never really talked about his family, so I don't know any names. All anybody in my family knows is that his brother went to Pittsburgh, PA and he died young. My great-grandfather was born in San Pietro in Amantea in 1887 and his last residence was Terrati, so maybe his brother w...
by tcrawford246
24 Apr 2012, 02:20

I know that Pietro had a brother that after he came to the United States moved to Pittsburgh, PA and died young. Is there any way of finding out this brother's name and if Pietro had any more siblings?
by tcrawford246
24 Apr 2012, 00:49
Topic: Help finding great-grandfather's sister
Replies: 4
Views: 1352

Re: Help finding great-grandfather's sister

No, I don't know where she was married. On the ship manifest it said she was coming to Brockway, PA, so I'm going to go to the church and check there, but I think that one of her brothers moved to Chicago, so maybe she went with him and was married there. I have no idea.
by tcrawford246
23 Apr 2012, 21:39

Re: Help finding great-grandfather's sister

Is there anyway to out what her maiden name was to verify if she is the same woman I am looking for? Also, was it common to see last names changed from one document to another(Penchant in her mother's obituary and Penna in the census)?
by tcrawford246
23 Apr 2012, 17:56

Help finding great-grandfather's sister

I am trying to find my great-grandfather's sister. In the ship manifest on the Ellis Island website her name is listed as Carmina http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipmanifest.asp?FNM=SABATO&LNM=GALLUZZO&PLNM=GALLUZZO&first_kind=1&last_kind=0&TOWN=null&SHIP=null&RF=3&...