Search found 18 matches

by Luca1969
21 Apr 2015, 18:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Albert (?) Privitera, Sicily
Replies: 2
Views: 816

Albert (?) Privitera, Sicily

Hi, I wonder if someone could help me identify this person. He was a soldier during WW1 living in Rochester, his card reads Albert Privertera, Cattana Italy. The relative notified of his death was his mother Concetta in Jara Cattana. Now I believe that his last name was Privitera and he might be bor...
by Luca1969
30 Mar 2015, 23:25
Topic: Galli in Fivizzano
Replies: 10
Views: 2307

Re: Galli in Fivizzano

Tessa, thank you for your help, I knew of the WW1 card which SEEMS his, although the only possible confirmation would come from his wedding. I am also aware that these records are NOT available online, that is why I asked if someone could help me IN Italy. I apologize if I was not clear with this. S...
by Luca1969
30 Mar 2015, 17:12

Hi, the Pete you have found in the census is not the one I am after. He was born in 1888, there was an old post here about Pete/Pietro Galli http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/italian-genealogy/2076 The one I am looking for is the one mentioned in the article from 1931 (settlement of his soldier'...
by Luca1969
30 Mar 2015, 03:48

Thank you for your help!

He could be... Moncigoli is indeed on the Souht of Fivizzano and the birth date is compatible.

I could have confirmation if Maria Tocci was indeed a Maria Virginia Tocci... The Pietro I am looking for emigrated and died in the US but his wife stayed in Italy

Luca
by Luca1969
29 Mar 2015, 19:54

Hi Marty, unfortunately I do not know her maiden name. I have reason to believe she was never in the US though.

Luca
by Luca1969
29 Mar 2015, 05:55

Galli in Fivizzano

Hi, I am trying to identify the birth records of Pietro Galli, born probably around 1892 (February?). He was married to Virginia Galli who was born in Moncigoli a small community next to Fivizzano, I therefore assume I was from there (Galli is common in the area). I know that Pietro came to US and s...
by Luca1969
11 Mar 2015, 18:10
Topic: De Angelis in Castro dei Volsci
Replies: 1
Views: 817

De Angelis in Castro dei Volsci

Hello, I am researching on Giuseppe De Angelis who lived in Sharpsville,PA. He was born in Castro dei Volsci on or about June 17, 1889. He was related to Rocco De Angelis and I found two Rocco DeAngelis living in Sharpsville at the same time of Giuseppe: one born on or about July 24, 1885 and anothe...
by Luca1969
28 Mar 2012, 23:22
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Death record in Trentino
Replies: 3
Views: 889

Re: Death record in Trentino

Grazie Luca, sempre puntualissimo e bravissimo a fugare tutti i miei dubbi!

Un saluto da un trentino negli stati uniti!

Luca
by Luca1969
28 Mar 2012, 20:43
Topic: Death record in Trentino
Replies: 3
Views: 889

Death record in Trentino

Hello experts!

Can someone help me out with this death certificate? Thank you!
by Luca1969
19 Mar 2012, 23:32
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: health cover in Europe
Replies: 58
Views: 26203

Re: health cover in Europe

I did, I read it as well as its the description: Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations For anything else other than genealogy there is a Off To...
by Luca1969
19 Mar 2012, 23:24
Topic: Immigration from Trentino to Colorado
Views: 1200

Re: Immigration from Trentino to Colorado

Thank you Tessa, I do know that website. What I am looking here is for people with direct experience (i.e. ancestors, collectors etc...) to share notes with.

I know the background and that website is a great starting point.

Thank you again

Luca
by Luca1969
19 Mar 2012, 19:33
Topic: Immigration from Trentino to Colorado
Views: 1200

Immigration from Trentino to Colorado

Hello everyone, I am doing some researches on a group of people emigrating from Austrian Tyrol (now Trentino) to Colorado, specifically to Walsenburg. I am interested in the time frame between 1890 and 1910; if someone has some information about the mining community around Walsenburg please contact ...
by Luca1969
19 Mar 2012, 19:03
Topic: health cover in Europe
Replies: 58
Views: 26203

Re: health cover in Europe

Can someone explain what has this to do with genealogy?
by Luca1969
19 Mar 2012, 18:50
Topic: Help with this note please...
Replies: 6
Views: 1169

Re: Help with this note please...

Yes, it makes sense. This belongs to the parish of a small village in Trentino (Tenna) whose church depended from another village (Pergine) for some years. I guess it is possible that the books were kept separate but the priest in charge was the same. It exists a Dominico Angeli born in 1803 in Perg...