Search found 7 matches

by pellmell
04 May 2012, 03:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: how to find certificates if unsure of town
Replies: 14
Views: 3339

Re: how to find certificates if unsure of town

I thought the jpgs are not big enough to print to be legible, and on Ancestry, I can't find the Italian documents.
by pellmell
03 May 2012, 00:57

Hello, I will then locate the Family History films to rent them at a location near me to print. I think I found the right ones to order for GBP's birth (1878) and marriage to CP (1900), but nothing for Carmela's birth, no Bella record after 1860. For Carmela's birth, is it worth my sending the lette...
by pellmell
30 Apr 2012, 01:40

I should qualify by my great-grandfather who became naturalized after my grandfather was born in America.
by pellmell
27 Apr 2012, 12:17

Oh- and is emailing/ or mailing enough, or would going in person to Potenza ever be necessary?
by pellmell
27 Apr 2012, 12:15

Dear Paul and Marty, Thank you so much for your help- it's both useful and fascinating! :D I saw the ship manifest, but didn't understand to read Baragiano in Potenza . . . I guess it makes sense that Battista (or Giov. Battista) was really Giambattista. Marty, thank you for finding the certificates...
by pellmell
11 Apr 2012, 23:19

how to find certificates if unsure of town

I forgot to add the dates- Battista Pellico, born March 25, 1878 to Pietro Pellico and Anna Maria possibly in Potenza, Avigliano, or Avigliana Carmella Pellico born to Antoni Christiano and Margaret Tomasoello August 27, 1883 possibly in Bari, Calscibetta, or Caltansett? How and to which (town hall,...
by pellmell
11 Apr 2012, 22:44
Topic: How to find certificates if unsure of town
Replies: 1
Views: 472

How to find certificates if unsure of town

Hello, I have researched on my family, via family lore and Ancestry.com, and Illinois certificates. I have the U.S. certificates I need, but am looking for my great-grandfather and great-grandmother's birth certificates, and their marriage certificates, which were in Italy. We have no idea where in ...