Search found 8 matches

by amt2012
30 Apr 2012, 22:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Looking for family of Rosenstein
Replies: 4
Views: 2513

Re: Looking for family of Rosenstein

Many Jewish families moved to Egypt in the 19th century to work on the Suez Canal. Egypt mostly refused to grant them citizenship so most retained their citizenship from their country of origin for generations. In fact one of the most famous Jewish families in Egypt, the Cicurel family, was of Itali...
by amt2012
23 Apr 2012, 01:23
Topic: My GGF's naturalization (or lack thereof)
Replies: 10
Views: 3093

Re: My GGF's naturalization (or lack thereof)

.... Are you able to estimate how long your GGF lived and worked in Pennsylvania Coal Country? If your GGF was living in Coal country, he would not be on the 1920 Philadelphia census. I have asked my family members and no one seems to know exactly when he left the Coal region. However it's interest...
by amt2012
22 Apr 2012, 00:43

Re: My GGF's naturalization (or lack thereof)

My GGF came to the U.S. at age 17, in September 1912, and he came by himself. He had some contacts in the States because he went up to Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania (the coal region) and worked in the mines for several years before working his way back to Philadelphia, where he spent the rest of his li...
by amt2012
20 Apr 2012, 17:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dominianni family of Isca Sullo Iono
Replies: 7
Views: 3194

Re: Dominianni family of Isca Sullo Iono

Grazie per l'aiuto!
by amt2012
20 Apr 2012, 16:57

Re: Dominianni family of Isca Sullo Iono

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am looking for information on my family and curious to see if I have living relatives in Italy. My great-grandfather's name was Antonio Dominianni and he was born around 8 July 1895 in Isca Sullo Ionio. He had a brother named Bruno Fiore Dominianni born in 1903. I was...
by amt2012
19 Apr 2012, 20:50

Dominianni family of Isca Sullo Iono

Is anyone familiar with the Dominianni family of Isca Sullo Iono, Catanzaro Provice, Calabria Region?

Or the Qualtieri family of Davoli, Cantanzaro Province?
by amt2012
19 Apr 2012, 20:36

My GGF's naturalization (or lack thereof)

Ok here is the story: My great-grandfather (maternal grandfather's father) immigrated to the USA in 1912. My maternal grandfather was born in 1935. My mother was born in 1954. I qualify in terms of geneology; however, I am not certain about the status of my great-grandfather's naturalization. The US...