Search found 40 matches

by ktpoloni
29 Oct 2012, 08:18
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with a translation
Replies: 0
Views: 663

Help with a translation

I am making some edits to some translations that have been done. A marriage license & application. I have 2 sisters that I am helping and they were both married in the same county and state so the forms are the same so I decided to get one set translated, and I would just change the names to sav...
by ktpoloni
20 Oct 2012, 15:53
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Question on Apostille and translation
Replies: 5
Views: 2518

Re: Question on Apostille and translation

What consulate are you going through? If I were you, get your documents apostilled last. That way you won't have any problem having an old apostille (even though I don't think they expire). But it is safe in general- you may run into some problems with all your paperwork and then would have spent al...
by ktpoloni
20 Oct 2012, 00:48
Topic: Question on Apostille and translation
Replies: 5
Views: 2518

Re: Question on Apostille and translation

Apostilles are done by the state and are in English. They attach a piece of paper with a seal and then attach it to your document with a grommet. You will then attach your translations to the document with a paperclip or something. From what I have read, translations do not need to be certified. I'm...
by ktpoloni
05 Oct 2012, 22:48
Topic: certified certificate of citizenship from 1935
Replies: 6
Views: 2689

Re: certified certificate of citizenship from 1935

Sorry I didn't read what you said about calling the NARA! I have heard that when people get theirs, they have it with a red ribbon and the consulates accept that. So that will definitely help! I read this blog about how this guy actually was able to get his USCIS copy certified: http://www.shutterbu...
by ktpoloni
05 Oct 2012, 22:35

Right. The courthouse will not have a copy of the actual certificate. Only the USCIS will have one, and the person who received the certificate, and possibly the NARA. You can't get a certified copy from the USCIS. They only send you a photocopy. From everything I have read from the consulates, this...
by ktpoloni
04 Oct 2012, 22:17

From what I hear, the NARA will give you a certified copy that the consulates will accept. For mine, they NARA did not have a copy, so I had to go to the county level. I got certified copies from where my great grandfather was naturalized at the county courthouse. I have the USCIS paperwork, and the...
by ktpoloni
27 Sep 2012, 02:27
Topic: divorce decree requirements
Replies: 1
Views: 1025

divorce decree requirements

Concerning the translation of the "divorce decree". What, if not all, needs translation? Just the "decree" or additionally all the exhibits and affidavits, i.e. "Child Support Affidavit". Also, does the "Notice of Entry of Decree of Divorce" also need to be in...
by ktpoloni
23 Aug 2012, 22:55
Topic: USCIS Naturalization/FOIA
Replies: 12
Views: 4844

Re: USCIS Naturalization/FOIA

I have never done the FOIA request, but this guy wrote a very detailed blog post about how he went about it.

http://www.shutterburgh.com/the-new-har ... naturally/
by ktpoloni
14 Aug 2012, 23:11
Topic: Cost of Birth Certificates from Italy?
Replies: 10
Views: 5030

Re: Cost of Birth Certificates from Italy?

Documents like birth certificates in Italy are free. If you send by mail, include a self addressed envelope. From what I have read, they can't use US stamps so you can include a International Reply Coupon: https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?productId=S_330900&category...
by ktpoloni
13 Aug 2012, 07:48
Topic: Second letter for birth certificate request help
Replies: 4
Views: 2007

Re: Second letter for birth certificate request help

One last question. My cousins will be needing this same document for another consulate.
To save the comune trouble, do they mind sending more than one copy? Where in the letter should I request more than one copy?
by ktpoloni
10 Aug 2012, 01:23

Re: Second letter for birth certificate request help

You always save the day Marty! Thank you so much! I noticed you took of his parents names that I had a place for. Do you think this would confuse them if I included them? Thanks so much again!!
by ktpoloni
08 Aug 2012, 19:38

Second letter for birth certificate request help

Hey! I already posted this in the other forum, but it might be better under this topic. I got a certified paper listing my grandfather's name and date of birth from Fino del Monte (not actually copy of birth certificate). When I requested, I asked for the parents names to be included but they didn't...
by ktpoloni
08 Aug 2012, 04:03
Topic: Birth certificate from Italy without parents names
Views: 3826

Re: Birth certificate from Italy without parents names

Here is a letter I would use to resend. Can you take a peek and see if it looks okay? And can someone help me add something like, "thank you for sending me the one before, but I need the one with his parents names included?" or something to that effect I just want to say something so they ...
by ktpoloni
07 Aug 2012, 23:05

Does it have to be a photocopy of the original? Or can they send me a letter just like the last one, only this time listing the parents names?
by ktpoloni
07 Aug 2012, 05:10

@Italia1963 I did request for that, but maybe they didn't pay attention to that detail. And @Italysearcher I did not say it was for citizenship...good idea :) Can anyone help me draft a letter requesting it for the second time? Basically saying thank you for the first copy, but I was hoping I could ...