Search found 22 matches

by Antonio Greco
25 Mar 2017, 19:04
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Anyone read Latin? 1669 notarial document
Replies: 0
Views: 976

Anyone read Latin? 1669 notarial document

https://www.wikitree.com/photo/jpg/Greco-303-1 You can view the full size at the link - this website does not allow sufficient resolution to view the document which is why I added the link. In nome domini Amen, Ansà Civanni, eius di millesimo, sexcentesimo, sexagesimo, nono, Regenti Cavalloro de Aus...
by Antonio Greco
02 Oct 2015, 20:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giorgio Greco - Battle of Lepanto 1571 and Domenico Grillo
Replies: 0
Views: 2641

Giorgio Greco - Battle of Lepanto 1571 and Domenico Grillo

Hi, I am looking for any information on Giorgio Greco who commanded a ship during the battle of Lepanto on behalf of the Lominelli family of Genoa. I already have what is written online on wikipedia and some other websites. What I am looking for is probably someone who is an expert on this battle an...
by Antonio Greco
08 Jun 2014, 20:29
Topic: Birth Information from a Comune
Replies: 9
Views: 2707

Re: Birth Information from a Comune

I have written to a commune several times and received responses. I recommend sending 5 Euros with your request. To keep the money from being robbed, get 2 plain white security envelopes and place one inside the other. This makes a double hard to see through envelope. Wrap the money in a piece of al...
by Antonio Greco
08 Jun 2014, 04:01
Topic: Translation Requested-Annibale Comine's Parents
Replies: 3
Views: 1201

Re: Translation Requested-Annibale Comine's Parents

Thanks that makes sense. I was told he was left on a doorstep and later adopted.
by Antonio Greco
07 Jun 2014, 22:53
Topic: Translation Requested-Annibale Comine's Parents
Views: 1201

Translation Requested-Annibale Comine's Parents

Could someone please have a look at this military record page and tell me the names of Annibale's parents?
by Antonio Greco
22 Sep 2013, 22:32
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Has anyone pursued Italian Citzenship from Canada?
Replies: 4
Views: 2222

Re: Has anyone pursued Italian Citzenship from Canada?

Hi I did a search through the office of the registrar general in Thunder bay and they sent me a letter that said there was no official change of name record. The documents I have are all government issue that show Rosario Greco and George Ross are the following: 1. A land titles act that shows a Geo...
by Antonio Greco
05 Sep 2013, 02:46

Re: Has anyone pursued Italian Citzenship from Canada?

Thanks for the feedback. A big problem is that rather than using Greco, the family continued to use Ross. So my GG Grandfather was Rosario Greco/George Ross Then his son my G Grandfather was born Phillip Antonio Greco but his marriage record says Phillip Anthony Ross as does his death record. From t...
by Antonio Greco
05 Sep 2013, 01:25

Has anyone pursued Italian Citzenship from Canada?

Hello, A few difficulties I have encountered so far in pursuing Italian Citizenship from Canada: 1. I have collected birth death and marriage certificates for all my ancestors. However, I am unsure of the legal process in Canada for amending vital records and cannot seem to find a lawyer with any ex...
by Antonio Greco
05 Sep 2013, 00:13
Topic: IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE - Your feelings on this website?
Views: 2217

IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE - Your feelings on this website?

Good day, I have been using ancestry.com for some time, archivio di stato di cosenza online, using the LDS microfilms and writing to Italy for documents. I discovered my 5th Great Grandfather was from San Giovanni in Fiore and was born in the first half of the 1700s. The website IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE...
by Antonio Greco
27 Jul 2013, 02:26
Topic: Anyon wh can Help :)
Replies: 2
Views: 1191

Re: Anyon wh can Help :)

Sorry I cut and paste something incorrect. Look in this website. I will let you know if I find anything.

http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/consulta/ ... heda.faces
by Antonio Greco
27 Jul 2013, 02:17
Topic: Tracking Down an Old Passport
Replies: 7
Views: 3274

Re: Tracking Down an Old Passport

Thanks. I checked ancestry - what I am looking for is Rosario's Italian passport. I did a check with the US government and there are no citizenship files for Rosario Greco/George Ross (that match the information I have on him) so it is unlikely he ever applied for a US passport. I do not think he be...
by Antonio Greco
26 Jul 2013, 22:23
Topic: Looking for descendants of (Cosmo?) Gus Schiro and Rose
Replies: 1
Views: 1189

Re: Looking for descendants of (Cosmo?) Gus Schiro and Rose

Correction. Since writing this I found our Rachella married an Antonio Gigliotti in Colosimi. The relative of Rosario's was a niece named Alessandrina Greco. Alessandrina was the child of Rosario's brother Giuseppe. She was born to parents who were not married. Everything worked out in the end howev...
by Antonio Greco
26 Jul 2013, 20:58

Suanj, Thank you very much. Many of the documents you named above are pieces of evidence I have sent to the government agency. I am impressed that you were able to track all these down so quickly! Phillip Antonio Greco was my G Grandfather and he used the name Tony Ross in Canada and Phillip Antonio...
by Antonio Greco
24 Jul 2013, 03:06

Thanks. I already have his birth, military and marriage records from Italy (original entries and extracts). I also have his death records from Canada and his landing records from Ellis Island. I have pictures of his name from the phone book, land deeds and his will. I have his parents, grandparents ...