Search found 16 matches

by nic5541
14 Oct 2013, 16:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: birth and church records in Venice and Trieste
Replies: 3
Views: 3190

Re: birth and church records in Venice and Trieste

Hi marty, Tomasso's children were all born in Bitritto. It is him, his siblings and his father who were born in Trieste. That is the correct parish in Bitritto, but unfortunately they cannot do record requests for the time being, because they just got a new priest. I wanted to get Tomasso's father d...
by nic5541
14 Oct 2013, 05:02

Re: birth and church records in Venice and Trieste

The death cert of Giulia Tosa is on the left The marriage cert of Tomasso Rotundo is on the right The marriage cert of Giulia Tosa is on the right Please also note that I wasn't sure about Giulia's surname until recently, so the records are still labeled as Tosa, because I found the records before I...
by nic5541
14 Oct 2013, 04:59

birth and church records in Venice and Trieste

Hello everyone, I am looking for birth and church records in Venice and Trieste from the 1770s-1790s. I found family which are both from Trieste and Venice but I have no idea where to get records for them. The records do not state specifically where in the city where my ancestors where born, but jus...
by nic5541
08 May 2013, 01:38
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: searching for birth record for Crescenzo DeMonaco
Replies: 5
Views: 2649

Re: searching for birth record for Crescenzo DeMonaco

Hey Jamie, You are correct that Cassino records are hard to obtain, because the war destroyed the city hall, the court and the churches were all the records were kept. When the war was over, all the living residents went to the court in Cassino and took an oath to swear that they were born on such a...
by nic5541
07 Apr 2013, 22:18
Topic: marriage cert of Angiolina Meta and Domenico De Crescentis
Replies: 4
Views: 1952

Re: marriage cert of Angiolina Meta and Domenico De Crescent

It is act number 9 of 1894, Serie unica 2. The BC was reconstructed following the destruction of the city hall of Cassino, and the Tribunale during WWII. The act was reconstructed on June 14th 1959. Domenico's birth date is Jan 14th 1894 Domenico's father: Antonio De Crescentis Domenico's mother: Ma...
by nic5541
07 Apr 2013, 20:38

Re: marriage cert of Angiolina Meta and Domenico De Crescent

Marty, I am 100% positive that Domenico was born in Cassino. It says so on his Italian passport, and the rest of the family says so as well, and I have his BC which states that he was born in Cassino. For the marriage cert, I had requested from the comune of San Giorgio A Liri, but they have not res...
by nic5541
07 Apr 2013, 07:36
Topic: marriage cert of Giuseppe Racanelli and Lucia Sabatino
Views: 2546

Re: marriage cert of Giuseppe Racanelli and Lucia Sabatino

Hi erudita, I believe this to be them, because of 2 reasons: 1. Giuseppe's father is listed as Vito Nicola and my GF's name is Vito Nicola. So Giuseppe probably named his son after his father. 2. Giuseppe's mother is listed as Porzia, and my GF had a sister named Porzia, so Giuseppe probably named h...
by nic5541
07 Apr 2013, 07:30

marriage cert of Angiolina Meta and Domenico De Crescentis

Hello everyone, I am looking for the marriage cert of Angiolina Meta and Domenico De Crescentis. Domenico was born in Cassino in 1894 and Angiolina was born in San Giorgio A Liri in 1893. I believe them to be married in Cassino because on Domenico's Application for Canadian Citizenship it says 1921 ...
by nic5541
26 Mar 2013, 01:58
Topic: marriage cert of Giuseppe Racanelli and Lucia Sabatino
Views: 2546

marriage cert of Giuseppe Racanelli and Lucia Sabatino

I need help finding the marriage cert of my GGP's Lucia Sabatino and Giuseppe Racanelli. Their son, my GF Vito Nicola Racanelli was born in 1905 in Sannicandro di Bari. I am pretty sure that Giuseppe was born in Sannicandro as well, but I can't seem to locate his birth certificate. I can't seem to f...
by nic5541
19 Oct 2012, 06:47
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Land Records
Replies: 13
Views: 27436

Re: Italian Land Records

Actually delonotte, That address is not the same as the one listed on the Agenzia Del Territorio for Bari: http://www.agenziaterritorio.it/site.php?id=9601&id_regione=Puglia&provincia=Bari My GGF's name is Francesco Mossa, born Oct 30th 1887, in Sannicandro di Bari (BA), to Vito Mossa and Ro...
by nic5541
30 Sep 2012, 18:21
Topic: Cassino (FR) Birth Records from 1885-1897
Replies: 2
Views: 1487

Re: Cassino (FR) Birth Records from 1885-1897

Thanks Tessa for your support :D :D :D
by nic5541
27 Sep 2012, 04:24

Ann, I would like to ask you one more question?

I checked the form, and it says that you need a codice fiscale, for the person on whose land document you are researching.

How do you manage to find a codice fiscale for a person, when you don't know that person's codice fiscale?
by nic5541
27 Sep 2012, 03:35
Topic: Cassino (FR) Birth Records from 1885-1897
Replies: 2
Views: 1487

Cassino (FR) Birth Records from 1885-1897

Hello everybody, So I just got a confirmation from my Family History Library, that my LDS microfilm has arrived. So I have an idea: If anyone would like me to find a birth record for an ancestor, born in Cassino from 1885-1897, I will look up the birth record for your ancestors and provide you with ...
by nic5541
26 Sep 2012, 22:39

Well, the town and province is Sannicandro di Bari, Bari,Italy. I am trying to see if my GGF, left any land unclaimed or abandoned. My GM, said that he died in the war, and I am have beenn able to obtain a copy of his foglio matricolare, which shows all his birth details. erudita, you give me a good...