Search found 21 matches

by jguizio
28 Dec 2013, 19:13
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Please help in finding the Pollitt/Palazzi family
Replies: 2
Views: 633

Re: Please help in finding the Pollitt/Palazzi family

Could someone look at the 1st link I posted and look at the 2nd child. I immediately read her name as Irena but now thinking about it that doesn't seem like an Italian name. Can anyone decipher?
Thanks!
by jguizio
28 Dec 2013, 03:00
Topic: Please help in finding the Pollitt/Palazzi family
Views: 633

Please help in finding the Pollitt/Palazzi family

Hello Again! I'm trying to find out where my grandmother's maternal side of the family was from but it's proving to be very difficult. Her Mother's maiden name was Teresa Pollitt. She later became Teresa Vigorito after marriage. They lived in Paterson NJ. Teresa was born in Italy in approximately 18...
by jguizio
15 Sep 2013, 18:33
Topic: Help finding a Difabio Please!!
Replies: 16
Views: 4239

Re: Help finding a Difabio Please!!

Wow! I can't thank you enough! A week ago I knew almost nothing about this part of the family and now I have the names of my great-great-great-grandparents..amazing. Great work Suanj! I guess I'll be passing through Ripabottoni the next time I'm in Italy :) I plan to send for the birth and marriage ...
by jguizio
14 Sep 2013, 03:05

Suanj, sorry I keep calling you Susan ;)
by jguizio
14 Sep 2013, 03:04

Great news! The registrar called this morning to say she had found the birth certificate of Jennie. I went to Mount Vernon this afternoon to fill out a form to request it from the state because she said it was too old for her to do it. She had the book on her desk but wouldn't let me see it :( Anywa...
by jguizio
13 Sep 2013, 04:15

Susan I contacted the Mount Vernon registrar today and she said she would look to see if they have Jennie's birth certificate and call me back tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks Again!
jenni
by jguizio
11 Sep 2013, 05:45

Thank you all so much! That is definitely her in the 1900 census because she did have a sister Lena! My dad was surprised to hear she was living in a children's home. It seems maybe her parents were deceased and Dominick and Mary (antoinette) are relatives or maybe they were her parents but couldn't...
by jguizio
09 Sep 2013, 00:14
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help deciphering name of town!
Replies: 6
Views: 1138

Re: Need help deciphering name of town!

Just wanted to say a belated thanks for the help with this! I actually went to Satriano di Lucania (Pietrafesa) last fall and got the Birth certificate for Carmine Giuzio! It was an amazing experience, couldn't have done it without you!
by jguizio
08 Sep 2013, 23:59

Help finding a Difabio Please!!

I have been helped tremendously by the kind people on this site so here is another request. I am looking for information on Jennie Guizio (giuzio), specifically her birth certificate, parents names and where they were from in Italy. Her maiden name was Difabio. I have an old social security card of ...
by jguizio
14 Sep 2012, 15:56
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: I think I found a ship manifest, need help confirming!
Views: 879

I think I found a ship manifest, need help confirming!

Since you all have been amazing at gathering info for me I will throw one more request out. Yesterday I asked about my great-grandfather Michele Vigorito. He was married to Teresa, who was recorded on my grandmother's babtism record as Teresa Palazzi. According to census records it seems she was bor...
by jguizio
13 Sep 2012, 21:32
Topic: Looking for Michele Vigorito's passenger record
Replies: 11
Views: 3931

Re: Looking for Michele Vigorito's passenger record

I really can't make it out either. I would think it's Monte-something. I looked through the communes and frazione of Potenza and there were a few possible matches but who knows. After seeing how they butchered the names of the people I wouldn't be surprised if it said they were from Hollywood. I kno...
by jguizio
13 Sep 2012, 18:21

!!!!Oh my gosh!!! Thank you so much!!! That is them for sure,under Santa it says daughter Anna and she was 11 months old!
by jguizio
13 Sep 2012, 03:52

Thank you so much!! I now know that my quest for citizenship through the Vigorito side was for naught. My grandmother was Bertha born in 1914, however I am so happy and moved to see this record of their family in black and white and I hope to eventually find out where Michael and Teresa were born. I...
by jguizio
13 Sep 2012, 02:59

Wow! I knew you guys were good but not that fast...
I really think that is them on the census report vj! I have also seen a manifest from the Teutonia somewhere that I thought might be him...
Where should I go from here? I have never tried to find the naturalization records...