Search found 10 matches

by mattersfact2
21 Jul 2019, 19:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Rugito and Martino from Ripacandida/Rionero, Potenza
Replies: 15
Views: 5557

Re: Rugito and Martino from Ripacandida/Rionero, Potenza

I have since learned that Daniel and are 3rd cousins 1 time removed. :-) Michele MARTINO is our connection - Daniel's 2nd-gr (I think) and my 3rd gr-grandfather. Michele was married twice. My 3rd-gr grandmother was Anna Rosa MELE. She died a day after giving birth to their youngest son. Almost a yea...
by mattersfact2
28 Dec 2014, 18:56
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with two pages from Allegati
Replies: 3
Views: 894

Re: Help with two pages from Allegati

Grazie mille!!! :-D

I have DNA relatives on 23andme, ancestryDNA, and FamilyTreeDNA - but we can not find common names. Maybe (just maybe) Maria Donata Cestelli could be a connection!

by mattersfact2
28 Dec 2014, 16:28

Well, I have come a little further and discovered that Donato Rugito's father, Pantaleone Ruggito, was an abandoned child. This is listed for every one of his children's birth records and all statements in the Allegati for his marriage to Mariangiola (Arcangela) Martino. I don't know much more than ...
by mattersfact2
28 Dec 2014, 16:21
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with two pages from Allegati
Replies: 3
Views: 894

Help with two pages from Allegati

I do not speak Italian and have been struggling for almost a week with trying to translate handwriting into something that "Google Translate" can handle. So far, I have about a 60 to 75% success rate, and if nothing more, I am learning to "see" certain handwritten letters and pic...
by mattersfact2
01 Jun 2014, 20:41

Just checked out Greg's work - very cool! He's well established with an impressive portfolio. I wish I was creative enough to think outside the box in an abstract way. I work almost exclusively in photo-realism and illustration styles. I can't quit the day job, but I do fairly well around Christmas....
by mattersfact2
01 Jun 2014, 20:29

Lu never did get back to me, but she's recently moved to Australia, she's young and not that interested in family history (yet), and the people who would know these things are her parents, aunts, uncles, etc. It's ok, I found more clues and I think I see the connection now. On one of the archived ne...
by mattersfact2
23 Mar 2014, 23:59

Quick note - I sent Lu a message on Facebook and asked if she knows any of these names. We shall soon see!!
by mattersfact2
20 Mar 2014, 02:02

HEY! This is cool! Daniel, I think we just MAY be cousins!! :-) Guess what one of my Italian cousin's surname is....Gioiosa! Check out her Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/lu.gioiosa She just recently moved to Sydney, Australia, but is also from Ripacandida. Her full name is Luigia, her father...
by mattersfact2
17 Sep 2012, 01:38

Since you'll only need one record with the correct town of orgin in Italy to begin your search through Italiain records, have you considered writing to both comunes (towns) for Donato Antonio Rugito's 1894 Birth Record? This is an excellent suggestion - thank you VERY much for all the links and res...
by mattersfact2
02 Sep 2012, 05:01

Rugito and Martino from Ripacandida/Rionero, Potenza

I have basically exhausted Ancestry.com for the Rugito surname. In fact, if you find a Rugito or Ruggito in the USA anywhere, they are my family (very few of us). I have reconnected with Rugito cousins in Ripacandida and Torino today, however they know about as much as I do about our great-grandpare...