Search found 45 matches

by 120camden
10 Feb 2016, 03:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Have BC info for GGM in Italian. Can anyone help find info about her?
Replies: 3
Views: 3599

Re: Have BC info for GGM in Italian. Can anyone help find info about her?

STATO:lTALlA ETAT: SERVIZIO DELLO STATO CIVILE SERVICE DE L'ETAT CIVIL DE MODELLO A FORMULE A SARTIRANA LOMELLINA 3 ESTRATTO DELL'ATTO DI NASCITA N EXTRAIT DE L'ACTE DE NAISSANCE N. 1 10 Parte anno 1873 4 DATA E LUOGO DI NASCITA DATE E LIEU DE NAISSANCE Jo 28 Mo r-*-l An 1873 | SARTIRANA LOMELLINA 5...
by 120camden
10 Feb 2016, 03:24

Re: Have BC info for GGM in Italian. Can anyone help find info about her?

I can Google translate the info, but I am having trouble finding the names in Family Search. Can you give me any ideas? I have put the names in but there are no "hits". For either my GGM or the names of her parents.

thanks for any help.
by 120camden
08 Feb 2016, 22:09

Have BC info for GGM in Italian. Can anyone help find info about her?

Gentile Signora, Le invio il certificato di nascita della sua bisnonna TOSI Maria Giovanna, figlia di Tosi Angelo e di Pasquarelli Maria. Le comunico inoltre che Tosi Angelo era figlio di Tosi Carlo ed era di professione contadino, mentre Pasquarelli Maria era figlia di Pietro ed era di professione ...
by 120camden
12 Sep 2014, 04:46
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Sciortino. Is US passport info available?
Replies: 2
Views: 1913

Sciortino. Is US passport info available?

Can I get passport application copies for my Uncle. Trying to trace family history. Armand John Sciortino. Traveled to Buenos Aires. Ellis Island Records show he returned in Sept 1929. Although his name is misspelled on the return Ellis Island manifest. Trying to trace backwards and see if it lists ...
by 120camden
10 Sep 2014, 14:29
Topic: Maria Giovanna Tosi - help tracing life forward
Replies: 5
Views: 2464

Re: Maria Giovanna Tosi - help tracing life forward

I sent an email in Italian to an address of Sartriana (found Googling the comune) asking for any census information. Hopefully someone will respond with help or ideas where to look.
Thanks for helping.
by 120camden
09 Sep 2014, 16:50
Topic: Maria Giovanna Tosi - help tracing life forward
Replies: 5
Views: 2464

Maria Giovanna Tosi - help tracing life forward

I have received a birth record from the comune in Italy for my Great Grandmother and hoping to trace her life forward from this information before 1920. In Nov 1920, if this is the same person, she came to US with Armand Lagneau through Ellis Island under the name Jeanne. Her obituary from Kokomo, I...
by 120camden
09 Sep 2014, 15:50
Topic: Vincenzo lo Bianco military information
Replies: 6
Views: 3032

Re: Vincenzo lo Bianco military information

Am I understanding correctly, Vincenzo was in the USA in 1914 in NY. Joined by his father and brother. By 1919 he had moved to Ohio and then joined the Army?
by 120camden
09 Sep 2014, 06:34

Re: Vincenzo lo Bianco military information

Someone had found the marriage ban from 1920 of Vincenzo and Mathilde. I just had the local HS French teacher translate as well as she could read the French for me and it sparked my interest again. Possibly he was stationed in France? How long would he have been there? I assume that is how they met....
by 120camden
09 Sep 2014, 04:31

Vincenzo lo Bianco military information

Vincenzo Lo Bianco..born in Sicily Feb 12, 1891. Married by Grandmother, Mathilde Lagneau in 1920.
Was wondering how they might have met. He was naturalized US citizen. Joined the Army? Sent to France where she lived with her father.
Thanks.
by 120camden
01 Aug 2014, 04:02
Topic: 1920 Ellis Island Relative.. Bruno Antoine??? Kokomo
Replies: 15
Views: 6587

Re: 1920 Ellis Island Relative.. Bruno Antoine??? Kokomo

Just finding this post about Anthony Bruno from Kokomo. Name comes up on Ellis island entry listing that my grandparents used when entering USA. 801 S. Diamond St. Kokomo, IN. Address and name used for Armand Lagneau,. His wife Jean (Joan) who was born in Sartriana Italy. Their daughter Matilde Lo B...
by 120camden
27 Oct 2012, 14:53
Topic: Received a birh certificate from Sartirana Italy
Replies: 0
Views: 887

Received a birh certificate from Sartirana Italy

Someone gave the the address information from this site. Comune di Sartirana Lomellina. This was listed as my GGM place of birth in her US obituary. Confirms the maiden name of TOSI. Originally emailed them, they responded for more informmation last week. I responded (all google Italian!) and now th...
by 120camden
25 Sep 2012, 15:35
Topic: 1920 Ellis Island Vincenzo and Matilde Lo Bianco on Olympic
Replies: 27
Views: 8929

Re: 1920 Ellis Island Vincenzo and Matilde Lo Bianco on Olym

Everyone who has helped me with this search, I have some new information that was just uncovered!!!! Someone on an Argentina Forum searched the 1895 census records and found: Armand Laino (which they say would have phonetically sounded like Lagneau). Also, Rosalie Laino (his first wife who he marrie...
by 120camden
20 Sep 2012, 18:01

or what about passport applications from the US after 1925? Jeanne Lagneau travelled to Buenos Aires from the US in 1929 taking her grandson (from Mathile and Vincenzo Lo Bianco)...Armando Giovanni Sciortino. He was adopted in 1923 by Sam Sciortino, Armand John Sciortino has a record of returning fr...
by 120camden
20 Sep 2012, 17:06

Suanj
Is it possible to locate US Citizenship records? Maybe trying to trace from there birth information, etc on Jean Lagneau. Just a thought.
Obituary for Jean lists "She became a naturalized citizen January 27, 1939 a day that was one of the proudest of her life"

Thanks