Search found 8 matches

by tan42
16 Oct 2012, 22:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Monastra family
Replies: 26
Views: 6767

Re: Monastra family

that is so interesting and i am going to take the information thus far and visit my grandad and talk to him.....show him what you have all been so kind to find. Its fascinating to find out about people. My partner and i hope to come to italy in the next year or two, once we are married and i would s...
by tan42
15 Oct 2012, 22:40

hi again, i have no idea about the parents as all it says in our family book is that they died and Salvatore and his brother were brought up by relatives but seperately. I dont even know who the brother was It wouldnt happen to say who Giuseppe or Rosa's parents were would it?? Would love to know ho...
by tan42
15 Oct 2012, 22:35

thankyou all so much for the time you have taken to find out this information :)Umberto came to New ZEaland when he was young, perhaps 4? He has siblings but i think they were born in New Zealand as Umberto is the oldest. :)
Ciao for now and thankyou xxx
by tan42
15 Oct 2012, 04:40

wow!!!! You are so wonderful all of you :) thankyou xxxx I will add this info to my family tree :) Umberto had siblings yes, Marietta (mary), Rosa and Salvatore :) I know grandad came to new zealand when he was only little, around 4 i think..... It does say in our family book that Salvatore Calogera...
by tan42
11 Oct 2012, 05:32

thankyou Erudita :)
by tan42
10 Oct 2012, 21:52

Thankyou all so much for the information. It really is a journey finding it all out isn't it? Well, i guess my grandad Umberto must of been born somewhere else?? I know they are all Strombolani,so perhaps records from there? If there are any? So exciting and interesting.....thankyou all again from N...
by tan42
10 Oct 2012, 02:46

Hi, thankyou for your replies :) sorry, i meant to say my grandfather was Umberto Monastra, named after Castell'umberto , his birthplace. He was born in 1920 and still alive and well :) Salvatore Monastra was born 1884 and died in nz 1970,which matches your reply Marty. Thankyou :) Anyway I can go f...
by tan42
09 Oct 2012, 01:28

Monastra family

Hi , i live in new zealand and my grandfather is a Monastra. He was born in Castell'umberto, then moved to Stromboli. Any information on this family name??
His parents were Salvatore Monastra and Eleanora Criscillo, but dont know who Salvatores parents were??

Tanya:) :D