Search found 7055 matches

by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 23:52
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Aunt Lucy
Replies: 3
Views: 64

Re: Aunt Lucy

In Sicilian it would be "Za" like you have written or "Ziana". My Neapolitan friends always refer to their aunt/s as "A Zi Lucia" or just "A Zi" but they grew up speaking dialect in another country. When they go back to Naples few people speak dialect anymore,...
by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 23:34
Topic: Aunt Lucy
Replies: 3
Views: 64

Re: Aunt Lucy

darkerhorse wrote: Yesterday, 23:27 Is Za Cia'uzza an accurate wording for Aunt Lucy?

In Italian it would be Zia Lucia. Is that what you are asking?

Angela
by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 21:05
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: communes in Palermo Ufficio 1 & 2
Replies: 21
Views: 491

Re: communes in Palermo Ufficio 1 & 2

Awesome, Angela! I can't thank you enough for all of your help! Now I'm trying to digest all of this info! lol I think that gives me a link all the way back to the very early 1800's! When I went to the link above for Gaspare's original birth certificate it came up as: Atto Di Nascita - which transl...
by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 20:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for my Grandfather Cristofaro Rizzo Siblings & Cousins
Replies: 9
Views: 307

Re: Looking for my Grandfather Cristofaro Rizzo Siblings & Cousins

Hi Lucy

Why don’t you try contacting the person who owns the tree. That might be a good start. It looks she has been at this for a while. She might be interested to know what you have located as well.

Ephrata15: https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/LJTM-J64

Angela
by AngelaGrace56
Yesterday, 06:08

Following on from my previous post here which you may not have seen yet, here is the translation of Concetta Marino's original birth record, which I've just located: Birth No 468 – Concetta Marino Registered Comune of Palermo – Sezione Sant’Oliva on 23 June 1841 Appearing was Tommaso Marino, 42 yo, ...
by AngelaGrace56
17 Mar 2024, 20:35

Wow, that's awesome! No hurry, again I really appreciate all of your help! I'll have to figure out what I did or didn't do. You clicked on “Nati, allegati” (birth attachments) instead of “Nati” (births). Easily done. (It was probably serendipitous locating Gaspare's baptism record anyway because I ...
by AngelaGrace56
17 Mar 2024, 08:52

Hi Angela, I'm in shock! From your translation I subtracted 24 years from the 1861 marriage date and found Gaspare's birth certificate in Palermo, Sant' Ninfa. I was dreading going through over 500 images and it turns out that it was on the 4th image. https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_u...
by AngelaGrace56
16 Mar 2024, 08:17

I believe that the actual wedding takes place 2-4 months after the processetti? So which search method would I use to find the actual marriage certificate? I'm not exactly sure how long it took to gather all the supplementary documents. It would depend on how many documents were required and whethe...
by AngelaGrace56
16 Mar 2024, 01:55

Wow, that's awesome, Angela! I'm not sure why the replies don't show up sometimes after I click on, Submit. Any ways, when I had Google translate, Matrimoni, processetti it states that it's "Wedding Trials." ..... Just a quick reply: After you have written your reply, try clicking first o...
by AngelaGrace56
15 Mar 2024, 21:22

Hi Angela, Here's a link to my grandmother's grandparents wedding announcement on Antenati. I haven't got it translated yet but I'm hoping that maybe their children and grandchildren were born in the same commune. Their names are: Gaspare Martines & Concetta Marino and of course I can't read It...
by AngelaGrace56
15 Mar 2024, 21:12

Hi Angela. Hopefully my previous reply shows up because I don't see it now. I tried posting a screen shot on here but it didn't work. I found the same info at a Family Search location yesterday but it showed the correct spelling of my grandfather's name, Luigi rather than Agl. That index was locked...
by AngelaGrace56
15 Mar 2024, 01:53

Mark, from what mmogno has said, referring to the link posted, it seems that the sections of S.Agata and S.Cristina generally corresponded to Ufficio 1 while those of S.Ninfa and S.Oliva/Olivia? corresponded to Ufficio 2. Because the records were indexed years ago, they should be on a microfilm/s so...
by AngelaGrace56
14 Mar 2024, 22:30
Topic: Help with Birth Record translation
Replies: 6
Views: 111

Re: Help with Birth Record translation

musicalshore wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 22:16
That is the correct record. Much thanks! What is the Italian word they are using to indicate the current month?

The word there meaning "current" is "corrente".

Angela
by AngelaGrace56
14 Mar 2024, 22:19
Topic: Help with Birth Record translation
Replies: 6
Views: 111

Re: Help with Birth Record translation

@AngelaGrace56. Esatto: una sentenza del Tribunale Civile di Napoli rettifica il nome del padre di Pasquale da Santo a Alessandro. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GB5Y-DHV?i=122&cc=1483011&cat=2473384 Thank you for locating the record mmogno, and for confirming the translat...