Search found 6 matches

by gianfrancopiero
20 Mar 2013, 21:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Murazzo family
Replies: 5
Views: 2098

Re: Murazzo family

hi, after months looking for information, i got the death certificate of my gg father...it says his father's name was JOSE MURAZZO which i guess it's the spanish translation for GIUSEPPE (according to dates he was born before 1855, can anyone guide me about how to continue my research?..thanks
by gianfrancopiero
23 Oct 2012, 17:05
Topic: please be aware - scammer on this site [RESOLVED]
Replies: 13
Views: 4903

Re: please be aware - scammer on this site

I got a similar message from someone registered with this email giftmbia83@yahoo.com.
by gianfrancopiero
23 Oct 2012, 09:10

Well I took that information from the death certificate that a friend sent to my father from Iquique some years ago, actually the one i just got is a barely-readable photocopy of the photocopy, where i cant really read the name, however there is this other transcription paper where it says Azer but ...
by gianfrancopiero
23 Oct 2012, 08:35
Topic: Has anyone gotten a response from emailing Italy?
Replies: 10
Views: 4128

Re: Has anyone gotten a response from emailing Italy?

ok, i'm new on this guys

So I can ask most of the comunes for information (like births record and things like that) and they will answer me? - It sounds too good to be true, anyway...if i get a positive answer and I want a copie of the document, what is the next step?
by gianfrancopiero
23 Oct 2012, 08:25

Hi, i used the links you sent and they were very helpful. I also did some research and found that according to some papers, my great-grandfather was born in 1872 probably in Lima and he died in Iquique in 1910, and his father's name was Azer Murazzo (probably the one that originally came from Italy)...
by gianfrancopiero
17 Oct 2012, 21:50

Murazzo family

I was born in Peru but i know my grandfather used to live in a city in southern peru (Tarapaca, which now belongs to Chile) where there were italian inmmigrants early XX. My family is the only one in my country with that last name (nowadays i have close cousins living in USA) and we don't have infor...