Search found 26 matches

by AdrianBattaglia27
12 Oct 2015, 23:59
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano
Replies: 514
Views: 262208

Re: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

UPDATE!! My mother's Italian citizenship through her pre1983 marriage to my dad was recognized by the NY consulate we are waiting for her US b/c to be recorded in Sicily and then she can apply for her Italian passport. All we presented was her b/c, Italian marriage extract showing the divorce in 200...
by AdrianBattaglia27
23 Sep 2014, 17:25

Passport in Hand

Well my three year project has finally come to an end: I went to the NY Consulate this morning and picked-up my first Italian passport. Sent a note to my lawyer Luigi Paiano letting him know that the everything he did to help me along the way paid-off!

Adrian
by AdrianBattaglia27
20 Sep 2014, 02:46

No! I brought EVERY document I have accumulated over the years with me just in case but they seemed very organized and efficient (go figure!). I handed him my estratto del atto di nascita and Mario was like, oh no we got that already. So I just showed him my us passport, signed a few papers, finger ...
by AdrianBattaglia27
19 Sep 2014, 17:36

I had my appointment at the NY Consulate this morning to get my passport. Everything went very fast and efficiently -- Mario who took my fingerprints and had me sign my name was very friendly and nice. I can pick-up my passport Tuesday morning. There weren't that many people there today and apparent...
by AdrianBattaglia27
16 Sep 2014, 16:35

Hi all, Just a question for this forum Once citizenship is awarded by court decision, can it be passed automatically to the minor kids in the consulate?, or they would need also to be in the trial from the beginning. I had my citizenship recognized through a 1948 court proceeding -- the way I under...
by AdrianBattaglia27
27 Aug 2014, 19:32

Well, not repeat everything that has already been posted by myself and others in terms of the stages, but when you hire Luigi he will explain everything to you. After I won my case, we had to pay taxes, and wait for the documents to be filed, and the appeal period to lapse without government appeal ...
by AdrianBattaglia27
19 Aug 2014, 16:28
Topic: Strange Request from NY Consulate?
Replies: 2
Views: 1619

Strange Request from NY Consulate?

As some of you know I am in the process of helping my mother through the jure matrimonio pre 1983 process here in NY. I finally got her long form b/c apostilled in Albany and was seeking to make an appointment at the consulate notary office to have the translation legalized. I emailed copies of the ...
by AdrianBattaglia27
09 Aug 2014, 02:15
Topic: 1948 RULE
Replies: 5
Views: 3255

Re: 1948 RULE

I concur with the subsequent posts -- my father and I ran afoul of the 1948 rule three years ago and I hired Avv. Luigi Paiano of Bologna to file a lawsuit against the Italian ministry of the interior -- we won last April and I am getting my passport this September from the NY Consulate. Such a laws...
by AdrianBattaglia27
28 Jul 2014, 21:12

Congrats! Now you'll just have to go on with your life and be patient, the time will go by and before you know it you'll be a citizen!!
by AdrianBattaglia27
27 Jul 2014, 19:36

As a 1948 case winner, let me say that there are no exact dates. Every case moves along on its own. some take considerably less time than others and it's beyond our ability to change that- just depends on the judges. Mine was three years from start to finish. Ive read of other cases taking half that...
by AdrianBattaglia27
26 Jul 2014, 21:05
Topic: Going for Dual Citizenship; Need help with a few Questions
Replies: 8
Views: 4283

Re: Going for Dual Citizenship; Need help with a few Questio

I just emailed my translator copies -- why give them the originals anyway, you will take the translations with the originals to your consulate for them to authenticate the translations. I never dealt with US (federal) documents, but if you have one and want it apostilled, you go to the state dept. i...
by AdrianBattaglia27
26 Jul 2014, 02:18
Topic: Going for Dual Citizenship; Need help with a few Questions
Replies: 8
Views: 4283

Re: Going for Dual Citizenship; Need help with a few Questio

the apostille does NOT need to be translated. you should go to your consulate and find a translator who they recognize to do your translations, as the consulate will need to legalize the translations. 1200 for 12 pages is outrageous. for NYC the rate is about 40 to 50 pp and that is the highest I th...
by AdrianBattaglia27
25 Jul 2014, 18:13
Topic: Marriage prior to 1983 question
Replies: 26
Views: 11801

Re: Marriage prior to 1983 question

I have been corresponding with several officers at the NY Consulate about my mother's case, [American woman married Italian man before 1983 and divorced him in 2005]. They have confirmed for me that under law 555/1912, art. 10, my mother did become a citizen when she married my father and can still ...
by AdrianBattaglia27
20 Jul 2014, 18:35
Topic: Proof of Name Change for woman after Marriage
Replies: 6
Views: 3263

Re: Proof of Name Change for woman after Marriage

ah yes I noticed that link didn't work! will try again! Well, being very used to euro-bureaucracy, [ I lived there many years as a kid], I want to have a legal document to keep just in case the consular official questions my mother's identity, since her passport and dr. license have my dad's family ...
by AdrianBattaglia27
20 Jul 2014, 18:01
Topic: Proof of Name Change for woman after Marriage
Replies: 6
Views: 3263

Re: Proof of Name Change for woman after Marriage

thanks -- no she is alive and well (we're in process of getting her Italian passport)

I did send the SSA the question, waiting for reply... will check out that other link you posted thanks!