Search found 15 matches

by mtonchells1
10 Jun 2013, 02:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Locating family records
Replies: 8
Views: 1752

Re: Locating family records

I am guessing that they arrived back sometime before 1911 as they have appeared again on a UK censues for that time.
Great l will also try emailing for the records - thanks everyone for your help.
by mtonchells1
09 Jun 2013, 13:11

If baptised would there be records l know the woods where strict catholic so would have followed this routine?
by mtonchells1
09 Jun 2013, 12:59

Yep have the basics but just wondered if there would be any other records? But missed the St Christopher's bit thanks. Would love to find out how long my Ambrose's family lived in Italy for as they just disappeared from the UK and then showed up again? I believe they also went to Brazil and maybe Ru...
by mtonchells1
09 Jun 2013, 12:05

Locating family records

My Great Great Grandfather was responsible for the set up of a tile factory in or near of Milan so took his family for a while to live in Italy. Where would l be able to find records of this as it has left a big gap in being able know more about them since they left England just prior to 1900 as his...
by mtonchells1
22 May 2013, 22:52
Topic: Information on Great Grandfather
Replies: 3
Views: 1140

Re: Information on Great Grandfather

Have located the ship my grandfather arrived on which was the Cuzco it seems it made several trips to Australia from the UK and one of the stops was the port of Napoli! Unfortunatly it seems my grandfather was of the poorer class travelled as one of the steerage passengers to which there is no recor...
by mtonchells1
21 May 2013, 14:10
Topic: Looking for infromation on Giacomo Resta
Replies: 14
Views: 3630

Re: Looking for infromation on Giacomo Resta

Sadly no evidence that he was on the ship such as a passenger list, however it did sail to Australia via Napoli so at least l know he came her direct. He may have been one of the many lower class passengers on the ship. Thanks again for the information :-)
by mtonchells1
21 May 2013, 05:06

Unable to submit pic of doc with ship but my aunt says it was the Cuzco?
by mtonchells1
19 May 2013, 15:00

I think l have just found why we see a different name for Maria on the marriage doc! At a guess l think she could have been married previously? I have found a child that is listed as Giovanni Svanosio on 2 censes records my aunt has just emailed me! on one it shows he is the son of illog - somthig l...
by mtonchells1
19 May 2013, 13:17

Just opened an email from my aunt and she has found a copy of the Registro Di Poplazione - l guess this is a censes? My Italian is not good but l can guess some of it! Comune Di Villa Di Tirano - Via Di Maranla would this be the street name? as it also hase Case (house) N. 250 fohilo di famiglia n.2...
by mtonchells1
19 May 2013, 12:54

Re: Information on Great Grandfather

Thank you yes he came from VILLA DI TIRANO l have a few records that my aunt had been given by a researcher many years ago and just now success on another post with someone finding other records. The vessel he states he arrived on in Melb Aust was the Cliso or Glasco l have been unable to find recor...
by mtonchells1
19 May 2013, 12:49

Wonderful thank you for your help this is good information to find l still have had no luck. I notice on his naturalization papers that he wrote he left Napoli and arrived in Aust April in 1881 the year of the Domenica was born! The name of the ship is unreadable but may have been Glisco or Clasco? ...
by mtonchells1
17 May 2013, 04:24

That puts a spin on things then - I do have australian docs that state Maria Snvanosio which is strange as you saw in his death cert. I wonder if something happend to his family and that is why he came here? The 3rd daughter l listed would have been born with him just arriving although l dont know i...
by mtonchells1
16 May 2013, 14:10

Yes this is him, as you can see once in Australia his name changed due to translation and lack of English! The information on the marriage ban matches what l have in very loose translation from a copied record does shoe his mother as being a Svanosio l am unable to read the attachement you have note...
by mtonchells1
16 May 2013, 10:28

Looking for infromation on Giacomo Resta

Looking for information on the family of Giacomo Resta who left Italy in 1880 to search for Gold in either New Zealand then ended up in Dunolly Victoria Australia. We are aware he left behind a wife and daughters - but ended up marring in Australia at the age of 67 to my Great Grandmother 22 hence w...
by mtonchells1
16 May 2013, 09:38

Information on Great Grandfather

Hi l am looking for information re my great grandfather who arrived in Australia probably not directly April 1881 - his occupation on 2 of the marriage certs l have found was a Miner so l expect he came her during the goldrush! He left Italy from Napoli and l am aware he left a family behind. Does a...