Thank you for that too!!
by cdar1231
25 Oct 2017, 22:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Vincenzo Funaro
Replies: 19
Views: 4686

Re: Vincenzo Funaro

Thank you! I am extremely grateful for your help. You have solved the family mystery!
by cdar1231
25 Oct 2017, 22:17

Would you be so kind to give me a rough translation of this? I think you have done the impossible for us. I'm very excited and can't wait to report back to the family. This just might be the smoking gun..... but i'll await your reply.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

-c
by cdar1231
25 Oct 2017, 22:15

Could it be Maria something Moraca? I have a Maria Theresa Moraca in my tree....
by cdar1231
25 Oct 2017, 22:09

That could be right! Family lore says that the initial Vincenzo was son of Luigi who was son of Vincenzo.... Sorry i can't help much on the document: the handwriting is such a challenge but i'll take a look.
by cdar1231
25 Oct 2017, 21:47

P.S. The original documents you mentioned were obtained from the cousin i mentioned above. I've seen his tree and he was the originator of those source documents.
by cdar1231
25 Oct 2017, 21:45

Biff83, i'm fairly sure that particular tree is wrong; there are quite a few trees that have incorrect Funaro family information. A cousin had some profession genealogist help several years ago and he does not have Luigi as a son of Filippo and Saveria. By the way, the Cesare that you listed first, ...
by cdar1231
25 Oct 2017, 18:56

Dear Biff83, Thank you so much for all this. I looks like all the records you found are the right family; thank you again. I had been led to believe by family that the parents, (Luigi and Maria Carmela Sicola) never gave to the US -- it seems clear that was wrong. So it now seems that i asked the wr...
by cdar1231
24 Oct 2017, 23:12

Thank you!
by cdar1231
24 Oct 2017, 22:45

Vincenzo Funaro

***SORRY to all who already read this i posted it on the wrong board...*** I would like to request the help of one of the special angels from this site who help people: It's a rather long story but the short version is that i've identified 3 Funaro family groups and i'm trying to prove that they are...
by cdar1231
24 Nov 2015, 17:11
Topic: Caruso Family
Replies: 1
Views: 1541

Caruso Family

Friends, First, thank you to all who are even willing to read this message which will likely be long. Let me start with what i know for sure: My maternal great grandmother was Rose (Rosina) Caruso. She had at least one brother named Pasquale. I know this because i have a record of his having joined ...
by cdar1231
14 Nov 2013, 21:45
Topic: Great Grandmother Rosina (Rose) Caruso
Replies: 5
Views: 1476

Re: Great Grandmother Rosina (Rose) Caruso

It seems there are a lot of "Carusos" and i don't have enough info to tell which are mine. Anybody have better luck or point me in a direction? The details provided by Martin about Pasquale was new and VERY appreciated.
by cdar1231
25 Oct 2013, 14:35

Re: Great Grandmother Rosina (Rose) Caruso

Hi Marty,

Wow. That's very interesting. I had no idea. Would you be able to provide a link to the record so i can look at it myself? Thanks so much!

chris
by cdar1231
24 Oct 2013, 23:02

Great Grandmother Rosina (Rose) Caruso

Dear ItalianGenealogy.com Friends, Thanks to your kind assistance, i was able to determine that the line for my great grandfather is a dead end as he was a foundling. Consequently, i would like to try the line of his wife. From her death certificate (which i obtained from the state of CT) i have the...
by cdar1231
18 Oct 2013, 22:24
Topic: Can anyone help identify this uniform?
Replies: 11
Views: 4128

Re: Can anyone help identify this uniform?

All,

I am making one last appeal for any information on Ettore or his uniform. The information from Michael about Ettore's son Luigi was very interesting and unexpected (Thank you again, Michael!!! :D)

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance,

chris