Search found 23 matches

by toasty
19 Feb 2019, 09:47
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Catacombe dei Cappuccini
Replies: 3
Views: 2197

Re: Catacombe dei Cappuccini

I've been, went a few years ago. It was wonderful, but I like that sort of thing. We basically wandered around the catacombs as much as we wanted, no rush at all, definitely could look at anything we wanted. It wasn't crowded. Catacombs are generally not hot or stuff since they're usually undergroun...
by toasty
19 Feb 2019, 09:43
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need someone from italy, milan speak arabic, english...ANYHELP?
Replies: 1
Views: 1256

Re: Need someone from italy, milan speak arabic, english...ANYHELP?

Hi Seaboy, I might know someone. Can you add more context? Send me a private message with more details and I will try to help.
by toasty
09 Jan 2017, 18:56
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Birth Certificate from NY -Request for Judicial Intervention
Replies: 13
Views: 13151

Re: Birth Certificate from NY -Request for Judicial Intervention

eccomi! Cosciaam - I'm not totally sure. So your father was born in NY but wasn't a resident? I don't think it will matter, since the rules seem to apply to sensitive documents under the jurisdiction of NY state. Which will be true if your father was a resident or not. (I think.) Lukederosso - I thi...
by toasty
08 Nov 2015, 20:36
Topic: Mis-Info on Carta d'Identita
Views: 4497

Re: Mis-Info on Carta d'Identita

That's funny, all my Italian friends prefer the paper card too. I agree it's prettier, but there's no way that thing would ever fit in my pockets, it's way too big to be convenient! The electronic ID may vary by comune, but here's Padova's requirements, which say you can get it the first time you're...
by toasty
08 Nov 2015, 00:24
Topic: Mis-Info on Carta d'Identita
Views: 4497

Re: Mis-Info on Carta d'Identita

That's not true at all. I have an electronic ID card and I got it as soon as I moved to Italy, immediately after my citizenship was recognized.
by toasty
10 Jan 2015, 15:14
Topic: Citizenship recognized, then blocked
Replies: 17
Views: 5024

Re: Citizenship recognized, then blocked

Sure, no problem, here you go: http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.org/citizenship-rejected-by-the-prefettura-t6827.html As an update, I was able to get my passport from my local questura with the help of the San Francisco consulate. Hopefully that will help me move things along on the residence/ca...
by toasty
03 Jan 2015, 13:14

Hi Jennabet, Thank you for this - honestly it really is helpful to hear. Funny enough, I DID ask the consulate about the AIRE registration before I left, and they told me the exact same thing they told you. They said basically just switch residence from my ancestors' comune to the one I want to live...
by toasty
03 Jan 2015, 12:02

Certainly the questura is doing their job here. It's the prefect of agrigento that isn't. They are only to intervene in citizenship by marriage cases.
by toasty
31 Dec 2014, 18:48

If i could I would! I live in Italy and would happily take a trip down to Rome if that would solve it. But unfortunately there's no one I can talk to there, it's like a walled fortress and I don't even have a case number (the woman at the prefect refused to give it to me).
by toasty
31 Dec 2014, 18:23

Hi TerraLavoro - yes I've already reached out to one who said this does happen now and again. But I'm obviously not excited to pay 2,000+ euros for something that shouldn't have happened in the first place!
by toasty
31 Dec 2014, 17:32

Hi TerraLavoro - The nature of the objection isn't quite clear since the person blocking it has yet to supply an official reason to myself or the SF consulate. She's only told me her reasons over the phone, which were entirely wrong (that you can't go back more than 2 generations and military servic...
by toasty
31 Dec 2014, 10:50

Citizenship recognized, then blocked

Hi everyone, I've posted this issue on a different website/message board, so to those of you who read both, apologies for the repetition. To make a long story short, my citizenship was recognized in June 2014 by the Consulate of San Francisco. I obtained my atto di nascita from my comune shortly the...
by toasty
25 Mar 2014, 18:17
Topic: Birth certificate help-no reply to requests
Views: 1919

Re: Birth certificate help-no reply to requests

I would give them a call (or having someone call for you), that's the only way I managed to get any documents from Italy.