Search found 11 matches

by kodakidd
27 Dec 2013, 21:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: A christmas sicily search
Replies: 13
Views: 2744

Re: A christmas sicily search

So keeping that Latin in mind, they could essentially be mentioned using all forms of their name? You think that my document sounds correct then?
by kodakidd
27 Dec 2013, 00:18

Could you perhaps tell me what you think the parents names are for the above documents?

the first one I think I see josephi Canzoneri and Francisca Ciulla? and I cant make out the other parents

the second one I think I see Magdalena Orlando but I cant make out much else.
by kodakidd
26 Dec 2013, 23:48

So for instance you said Giuseppe Canzoneri was the son of Salvatore Canzoneri and Vita Antonia Ruvoli, so I did a search, and found this in those same church records, it looks like their marriage record in the top right, does that look right to you? I have a hard time reading the cursive sometimes,...
by kodakidd
26 Dec 2013, 21:22

Thanks guys! I knew you would find something, I believe the Bisacquino Sicily area has been documented fairly well, but let me ask you guys a couple questions, to me on Giuseppes baptism record posted it looks like it says 10 Jan above his name, not september, September is for the guy above him, am ...
by kodakidd
26 Dec 2013, 08:13

A christmas sicily search

Ciao a tutti! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! I decided to check out the italian genealogy site and post a request from my new hardware. I am looking for some kind of documents for my great great grandmother Rosa Piazza and my great great grandfather Giuseppe Canzoneri, not sure where exactly th...
by kodakidd
19 Aug 2013, 00:21
Topic: Stuck looking for Gannuscio/ Canzoneri from Bisacquino
Replies: 12
Views: 2193

Re: Stuck looking for Gannuscio/ Canzoneri from Bisacquino

Ahh ok, I assuming there was generally a civil record along side most marriages?
by kodakidd
19 Aug 2013, 00:07

Does it list their birthdates so its verifiable? Or does it list salvatores son vincenzo? What about Vitalasta Canzoneri's death index mentioning her mothers maiden name as Mercella, is there any mention of that name? Does it verify both of them as being born in Bisacquino?
by kodakidd
18 Aug 2013, 23:58

Wow Tessa! Thats awesome thank you! I wonder where the confusion was, why that was listed as his mothers maiden name on the California death index, also also why is Vita's mothers maiden name listed wrong as well, her death index has her mothers name as Mercella and does anyone know how normal it wa...
by kodakidd
18 Aug 2013, 04:24

Thank you guys again for trying to help me crack this case. Salvatore's arrival date in the US is 5/15/1898 according to his declaration of intent while vita's is 3/6/1900 according to the italian passenger data file.
by kodakidd
18 Aug 2013, 01:53

Grazie Marty! I have found 2 declarations of intention for naturalization for Salvatore gannuscio in cook county Illinois stating birth place as bisacquino, although they were misspelled I'm sure it's bisacquino as I have older family who all thought he was from there as well, and as for vita canzon...
by kodakidd
17 Aug 2013, 14:22

Stuck looking for Gannuscio/ Canzoneri from Bisacquino

Hi I'm looking for any info for my great grandmother Vitalasta Canzoneri, born 2 Jul 1879, or my great grandfather Salvatore Gannuscio, born 26 May 1865, as far as I can tell from documents here in America they were both from bisacquino sicily, Id like to find birth certificates etc from Italy if an...