Search found 24 matches

by crystalblue
29 Jun 2014, 10:20
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Vitalchek
Replies: 7
Views: 2538

Re: Vitalchek

I used Vitalcheck and, while it was expensive, I was able to get my documents relatively stress-free.
by crystalblue
21 Jun 2014, 02:46
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?
Replies: 86
Views: 264432

Re: Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?

My family is also from Southern Italy (Calabria and Sicily). While somewhat dark skinned, many in my family have light green eyes. It would be interesting to know where their ancestors came from originally. Maybe one day I will be able to get a DNA test.
by crystalblue
21 Jun 2014, 02:37
Topic: name discrepancy on birth certificate
Replies: 11
Views: 4400

Re: name discrepancy on birth certificate

No, unfortunately I live in Hawaii, so walking in is not an easy solution. I would prefer to have a face-to-face appointment, though, because it seems like I would get more feedback about missing or incorrect documents. It will certainly be worth a flight over if it saves me time in the long run!
by crystalblue
20 Jun 2014, 04:11

I have sent 2 emails. I did not realize they would accept requests by phone, but it seems like it is impossible either way!
by crystalblue
19 Jun 2014, 08:11

Not yet. Six weeks and two requests later with no response. But I will post once I have my interview.
by crystalblue
15 Jun 2014, 08:49

Yes, I did receive the letter from the Municipal Archives. I got a letter with the corrected information about a death certificate, and now I am waiting for the letter for the birth certificate with the statement of amendment. My GGF was born in the US to immigrants before they naturalized. His birt...
by crystalblue
14 Jun 2014, 10:33

name discrepancy on birth certificate

Hi, I have gathered all of my documents and am now just waiting for an appointment with SF consulate. My biggest worry is the discrepancy on my GGF birth certificate. He always was known as James Vincent, but his birth certificate reads Vincent (and there is also a letter change in his last name fou...
by crystalblue
08 May 2014, 11:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: payment for documents
Replies: 13
Views: 4877

Re: payment for documents

I thought it would be cheaper, as well, from what I had read on other posts. But Primo Mattino recently went to the Archives and was told that the commune no longer has the originals. All documents are now held by the State Archives. So now I am confused...have I asked for the wrong format for docum...
by crystalblue
07 May 2014, 01:48

Re: payment for documents

I feel better hearing that! Thank you so much :)

Crystal
by crystalblue
06 May 2014, 19:59

payment for documents

I have finally gotten a response from the State Archives in Reggio Calabria to obtain the documents needed for citizenship. When I read it, it looks like I have to send cash. Gentile signor Crystal Prussick, come da richiesta inviataci il 30 aprile c.a., in merito al rilascio di copie autentiche dei...
by crystalblue
23 Apr 2014, 21:48
Topic: Mayor of Reggio Calabria?
Replies: 10
Views: 3076

Re: Mayor of Reggio Calabria?

Also, for citizenship purposes I need the documents as Estratto Per Riassunto Per Atto Di Nascita
and Estratto Per Riassunto Per Atto Di Matrimonio. If you need me to send you a copy of my identification or a release to obtain documents, please message me with an email address. Thanks again!
by crystalblue
23 Apr 2014, 21:32

You are incredible! Let me know if you need anything else :)
by crystalblue
23 Apr 2014, 21:20

Primo Mattino, Sorry, I did not see your request for data. I need to obtain the birth and marriage certificates for my gggp who were born and married in Gallico. Domenico Suraci was born 22 March 1872 to Vincenzo and Maria Chirico. Angela Casciano was born 24 April 1873 to Antonino and Chiara Calabr...
by crystalblue
23 Apr 2014, 20:58

I appreciate the info! Gonna send out my request now :)
by crystalblue
23 Apr 2014, 20:40

I appreciate the link. The information that is listed says that the Archives have the holdings. I contacted them several months ago and they told me that only the municipalities have the documents and the rights to reproduce them, but I could order them on disk. When I contacted them asking for the ...