Search found 13 matches

by GinaFashioni
21 Apr 2014, 16:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: di nallo.
Replies: 1
Views: 2509

Re: di nallo.

Hi John, My name is Gina Fashioni (Fascione). My Grandmother was Francesca Dinallo and she came from Cassino. She came to Southport, UK in the 1920's to marry my Grandfather, Jo Fashioni. We beleive she had brothers back home but have been unable to find out. It is very hard to find anything from Ca...
by GinaFashioni
10 Nov 2013, 20:14
Topic: Mariantonia Lanni
Replies: 2
Views: 1161

Mariantonia Lanni

marriage cert. 2.jpg I have been able to find out a bit more information about my Gt. Grandmother Mariantonia Lanni. She was born in Cassino in 1872, her father's name was Secundini Lanni. She married my Gt. Gradnfather Benedetto Fascione (also from Cassino) in 1893 in Southport Lancashire and they...
by GinaFashioni
03 Nov 2013, 16:55
Replies: 18
Views: 6225

Re: Mariantonia Lanni

Hi Ann,

The priest wasn't Italian - he was English.
by GinaFashioni
03 Nov 2013, 11:18

Ha ha! Thats a lovely story. I've sent you a friend request on fb. You will see that my sisters and have been doing a lot of researching into the past x
by GinaFashioni
02 Nov 2013, 23:30

It may have been Marianna - but on her my Grandads birth cert. it says Mariantonia.The problem was that all my ancestors were illiterate and so I think the priests just guessed the spellings! That is why when my Dad was born the priest spelt our surname phonetically, so we became Fashioni's! Are you...
by GinaFashioni
02 Nov 2013, 21:10

No - I am nowhere near London! I am a town mouse. Southport is a sea side town not far from Liverpool. It is funny that you have Sophia Loren as your picture - my sister looks very like her and has been compared to her all her life! What is your Italian connection Dominique?
Gina.
by GinaFashioni
02 Nov 2013, 20:38

You are amazing! I've been looking for so long! I am also going to try and find her in the Cassino records!
Thank you so much! Are you in the UK Dominique?
Gina.
by GinaFashioni
02 Nov 2013, 10:42

Hi Dominique, I HOPE that is our Mariantonia! But I can't be sure until I get the marriage certificate and check her last name. Is there any way of checking the death records there? We think she died when my Grandad was about 3 or 4 years old which would have been 1900 -1901. This is the first time ...
by GinaFashioni
02 Nov 2013, 01:31

Hi Dominique,
I am just waiting to get a copy of their marriage certificate so that I can find out Mariantonia's father's name. But I understood that she was born in Italy. I will let you know.
Thanks for your help,
Gina.
by GinaFashioni
01 Nov 2013, 20:55

Sorry - I dont know but her husband was born in 1867 so its possible - why? Have you found her??
by GinaFashioni
01 Nov 2013, 16:42
Topic: Cascarino/lanni
Replies: 32
Views: 20321

Re: Cascarino/lanni

Hi, My Gt Grandmother was Mariantonia Lanni from Cassino. She married my Gt Grandfather, Benedetto Fascione and they got married in Southport, Lancashire and had 2 children. Sadly she became ill and returned to Italy where she died. But Benedetto came back to the UK. There are now a lot of Fascione'...
by GinaFashioni
01 Nov 2013, 16:32

Mariantonia Lanni

Hi, I am looking for any information about my Gt. Grandmother, Mariantonia Lanni. She came from the Cassino arae and married my Gt Grandfather, Benedetto Faascione in England in 1892. They had 2 children but sadly she became ill and so they returned to Italy where she passed away, I believe in about...
by GinaFashioni
06 Oct 2013, 14:02
Topic: Fascione
Replies: 0
Views: 783

Fascione

Hi everyone! My name is Gina Maria Fashioni - but my Grandparents were Fascione - an old priest in Southport couldn't spell the name and they were illiterate so the new spelling stuck! My Great Grandfather Benedetto came from the Cassino area in Italy and travelled to the UK on the ship - Canopic. H...