Search found 16 matches

by mlc
29 Mar 2018, 04:26
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Birth Record not found - suggestions?
Replies: 3
Views: 1476

Re: Birth Record not found - suggestions?

I've searched for her using both of the women's maiden names. I just haven't been able to come up with a record. Giuseppe is the father and his name is on all of the other documents. Her mother is the only inconsistent piece...
by mlc
27 Mar 2018, 20:14
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Birth Record not found - suggestions?
Replies: 3
Views: 1476

Birth Record not found - suggestions?

I’m in the process of pulling together documents to request Italian citizenship. The only document I still need is my grandmother’s birth certificate – Hannah Faggella. The information I have is that she was born on Nov 5, 1915 in NYC – however there’s no record with that name. I know her father's n...
by mlc
27 Oct 2015, 22:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: LABELLA Family from Sciacca
Replies: 27
Views: 5679

Re: LABELLA Family from Sciacca

Wow! A huge GRAZIE to both of you for your help! So, now with these docs, I should be able to get a response from the comune di sciacca (let's hope!).

Thanks again!!!
by mlc
27 Oct 2015, 13:44

Thanks so much for these tips! I'll see what I can find....
by mlc
27 Oct 2015, 12:28

Thank you SOOO much for all of this great info! My friend is going to be so excited to see all of this. I guess the remaining question mark is Ignazio LaBella's birth record. Do you know of any faster way to search other than going through each of the 600 records? I realize that without the index th...
by mlc
26 Oct 2015, 23:53

I still need to figure out how to get the official documents sent from Sciacca.... any suggestions? Thanks!
by mlc
26 Oct 2015, 23:52

Wow!! That's great - THANK YOU!
Can't wait to pass this info along to my friend! :-D
by mlc
26 Oct 2015, 22:40

I'm impressed! :-D Ok, my friend confirmed that his GF is Leonard and was born in the USA. So, now back to the docs from Sciacca.... any leads in being able to find Ignazio's and Accursia's birth certificates and marriage certificate from Sciacca? When I contacted San Fele for my family's docs, they...
by mlc
26 Oct 2015, 21:40

Wow - you are fast! Ok, let me re-group with my friend and get more details. If his GF was one of the 2 sons, he should really be looking for THEIR birth certificates, not the GG parents! I'll get my facts straight and get back to you.... Thanks again! :-D
by mlc
26 Oct 2015, 21:01

Thanks so much for the quick response! I know that his GGF and GGM did immigrate to the USA and I believe his GF was born in the Boston area (but I'm double-checking on that part). His family definitely lived in Sciacca, he's just not sure if they moved there or were born there. I'm following up wit...
by mlc
26 Oct 2015, 19:28

LABELLA Family from Sciacca

I'm trying to do some research for a friend whose family comes from Sciacca (as far as he knows). I've sent an email in Italian to the Stato Civile for the Comune of Sciacca but I haven't received any response. Does anyone have a contact in Sciacca who could help or a direct email address for someon...
by mlc
07 Mar 2014, 21:03
Topic: Faggella or Jerolino Information?
Replies: 11
Views: 3450

Re: Faggella or Jerolino Information?

Thanks Gina but they would have had to come over sometime between 1885 and 1888 because their son was born in 1888 in New York... I think they would have had to come through Castle Gardens but there doesn't seem to be a record.
by mlc
13 Jan 2014, 21:45

Re: Faggella Family from San Fele - looking for ship manifes

The San Fele archives office was able to provide me with the birth certificates and marriage certificates for my great great grandparents as well as their parents! Now, I'm trying to find the immigration records/ship manifest showing my great great grandparents immigration to New York. I believe the...
by mlc
02 Dec 2013, 21:20

Thanks so much Marty! I actually have a contact at the Archivio di Stato di Potenza from the last time I contacted them. Hopefully I'll get some information this time since I have more details.

Michele
by mlc
01 Dec 2013, 15:54

Thank you both SO much!! Marty, where did you find the marriage record? Is this something I would be able to request from someone in San Fele? I actually did contact the regional office there, in Italian, a few months ago to inquire about the birth records for Marcantonio and Marianna but they told ...