Search found 54 matches

by Gram
11 Nov 2003, 23:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Alternate spelling on Ellis Island site...
Replies: 5
Views: 4955

Peter...His surname is positively Lonetto, not Lonetta. In 1903. the mistake was in the recording of the last letter of his surname. When he came in 1910, the name was correct.
Claudia
by Gram
11 Nov 2003, 23:35

Thanks for your help...I also, thought the last part was Man. Would Carry Man be an actual occupation? Any help appreciated.
Claudia
by Gram
11 Nov 2003, 20:38

Alternate spelling on Ellis Island site...

I have had the good fortune to find Franceso Lonetto's first entry into the US. I found his entry in 1910, on the Ellis Island site, but knew there had been a previous entry in 1903. I had sent three requests to NARA for different ports of entry and had found nothing. Recently I went back to Ellis I...
by Gram
30 Sep 2003, 17:53
Topic: Recommended book
Replies: 0
Views: 2435

Recommended book

Regina...I was very interested in your book recommendation to Moncheese. I have viewed three microfilms at the LDS Family History Center for the town of Mesoraca. I found it a very daunting task. I was using Trafford Cole's book "Italian Genealogical Records" and that was of some help. Tha...
by Gram
26 Sep 2003, 23:41
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Mesoraca
Replies: 2
Views: 5017

Regina...Thank you so much for going through the trouble to find that hotel address! I looked at the wesite and I will have to print out the pages and find someone to translate them for me. I sure it will be a great help.
Claudia
by Gram
26 Sep 2003, 18:59
Topic: Mesoraca
Replies: 2
Views: 5017

Mesoraca

We will be on an Elderhostel tour in Calabria in March 2004. We wish to extend our stay and do some genealogy research in Mesoraca KR, the birthplace of my husband's grandparents. I have been advised there is only one hotel, Hotel la Collina. I wish to contact this hotel for reservations but do not ...
by Gram
18 Jul 2003, 03:21
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Arrival on the vessel EVELIJA
Replies: 16
Views: 17740

Peter...In this search for records I have found you have to be open to every possibility!!! Thanks for a new clue.
Claudia
by Gram
17 Jul 2003, 14:54

I did file form 81 stating New York as the arrival port. His papers definetly said he arrived in New York. Maybe they can find him. If not I will try the Boston arrival email adddress.
Thanks again....Claudia
by Gram
14 Jul 2003, 17:57

Peter...Is there a listing for ships departing Messina, Sicily in 1903?
by Gram
14 Jul 2003, 14:24

Thanks for trying, Peter.
by Gram
13 Jul 2003, 18:56

It was on the Declaration of Intention for Naturalization paper filed by Domenico Barilla in 1918. It is probably another case of mis-spelling due to misunderstood pronunciation.
Claudia
by Gram
13 Jul 2003, 15:27

I have not had good luck getting information by filing form 81 in other inquiries. I will try again.
Peter, do you know if EVELIJA is a correct ship name?
Thanks, Claudia
by Gram
12 Jul 2003, 14:22

Arrival on the vessel EVELIJA

This information is on Declaration of Intention papers for Domenico Barilla: Arrived at the port of New York in the State of New York on the 22nd day of March 1903. Emigrated to the United States from Masena (Messina, Sicily) on the vessel Evelija. I have searched the Ellis Island site but can not f...
by Gram
22 Jun 2003, 22:16
Topic: Searching for a town
Replies: 10
Views: 11382

Raffaella...Thank you for the effort to find the surname Polseni. In my research I have found more incorrect spelling then correct spelling of names. Carolina is the only Polseni arrival on the Ellis Island website. It could have beeen a mistake in spelling on her departure papers. She was destined ...
by Gram
21 Jun 2003, 22:20
Topic: Searching for a town
Replies: 10
Views: 11382

Raffaella...thank you so much for your interest and help in locating the town of Jelsi. :D
Claudia