Search found 8 matches

by reportergal
02 Jan 2014, 14:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname Palermo-Ferraro,-searching birthplace
Replies: 13
Views: 3796

Re: Surname Palermo-Ferraro,-searching birthplace

Thanks for the confirmation. I will take a closer look as well. Rose's name on the ship manifest is Filomena, she traveled with Angela, the baby. I am grateful for your help.
Grazie!
by reportergal
02 Jan 2014, 06:39

In the 1930 census it says that Antonio's status was Italian.... I once thought he naturalized in 1922, but I now believe it to be the wrong person. I believe his wife, Rosa naturalized in 1933 in Philadelphia. Do you find this to be the case as well? You would think that they would naturalize toget...
by reportergal
28 Dec 2013, 03:41

Translation help: I am investigating the second page of the matrimonial certificate...I can understand some Italian, but about half way down I see the name Mauro, Rosa....would that be a maid-of-honor, or a person related to the family? I would like to understand what the name is doing on the docume...
by reportergal
27 Dec 2013, 17:54
Topic: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
Views: 6673

Re: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ

Hello, I am also searching the Calabrese name. I am looking for information on an Angelina Calabrese. She had two daughters, and two sons...the daughter Mary born 1893-1894 (died Philadelphia, PA), married a Felice (Felix) Cori and they lived in Philadelphia, Pa. They were married in 1910 in Philade...
by reportergal
27 Dec 2013, 16:44

Again, suanj and Marty...that is such great work. Marty are you related to this Palermo family? Is San Donato di Ninea a good commune to work with to extract these records? I plan to write, with help, a letter in Italian to the commune.

Thanks, Karen
by reportergal
27 Dec 2013, 15:42

Wow, that I such great work! I appreciate your kindness and effort. I have been searching for these pieces for a year. Fantastic, thank you both for this wonderful research.
by reportergal
27 Dec 2013, 14:36

Grazie! I first researched everything I could find in San Marco Argentano, but it was the wrong family. After digging around and calling lost relatives, who do not know the exact town, but felt it was around Consenza. That was a big help finding the birth record for their daughter! That must be the ...
by reportergal
27 Dec 2013, 06:12

Surname Palermo-Ferraro,-searching birthplace

Hi, I am researching the Palermo- Ferraro side of my family. I believe they were born and married in a town around Cosenza, Italy. They came to the US between 1900-1903. I would appreciate any information that you can help me find. Grazie, Karen Antonio (Anthony) Palermo- born 1872?, death: Aug. 24t...