Search found 12 matches

by puglisigeraci
21 Apr 2014, 21:43
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Can anyone help with a phone call to Lipari?
Replies: 4
Views: 875

Re: Can anyone help with a phone call to Lipari?

I actually sent a copy of my birth cerriicate, my mothers, her fathers - the son of Antonina- and a copy of my drivers license back in January, the same info I sent to Brolo. I will resend along with an explanation of why I need it, a notarized signature and passport page this time. Thanks to all of...
by puglisigeraci
21 Apr 2014, 21:02

Re: Can anyone help with a phone call to Lipari?

I did send along a copy of my birth certificate and drivers license with the request in January.
I will resend with a passport copy and notarized seal.
Thanks so much for your help!
by puglisigeraci
02 Apr 2014, 20:29

Can anyone help with a phone call to Lipari?

I mailed a request for my great grandmothers birth record on Jan 30,2014. (I mailed one for my Great Grandfather in Brolo on the same day - I got his back on March 4!) I have not heard back from Lipari. I did send along a self addressed envelope and $5 in cash towards postage If anyone speaks fluent...
by puglisigeraci
07 Mar 2014, 17:14
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: A big THANK YOU
Replies: 1
Views: 651

A big THANK YOU

I just want to say Thanks to Adelfio, Tessa 78 and liviomoreno. I used the addresses and the request for information in Italian that you provided and I received Basilio Puglisi's International Birth form 5 weeks after I mailed it off to Brolo. I can not wipe the smile off my face, Thanks a Million f...
by puglisigeraci
03 Feb 2014, 18:05
Topic: Guiseppe on Birth/Joseph on death
Replies: 2
Views: 890

Re: Guiseppe on Birth/Joseph on death

My son e-mailed the consulate in LA. While they did not say that it was ok, they did say that minor discrepancies are usually fine and they will determine when they see it. I think it is clear that he just tried to "Americanize" his name. All other pertinent information is the same such as...
by puglisigeraci
01 Feb 2014, 03:41
Topic: NARA non-existence search question/concern
Replies: 0
Views: 823

NARA non-existence search question/concern

Hi, I requested a search for my ancestor via NARA, and I received the following: "This response concerns your recent request that NARA issue a certification of non-existence of naturalization records for the purposes of dual-citizenship. Unfortunately, we are unable to satisfy your request. NAR...
by puglisigeraci
30 Jan 2014, 21:10
Topic: Guiseppe on Birth/Joseph on death
Replies: 2
Views: 890

Guiseppe on Birth/Joseph on death

My grandfathers birth certificate shows his name as Guiseppe, the 1920 census shows his name as Joseph, his marriage certificate shows Joseph and his death certificate shows Joseph. Do I need to have those 2 certificates ammended to Guiseppe? Or will be translated to that anyway and I am ok? Thank y...
by puglisigeraci
22 Jan 2014, 23:11
Topic: Need 2 birth certificates for great grandparents
Replies: 9
Views: 2062

Re: Need 2 birth certificates for great grandparents

Thanks marty!!
I can't believe they would do all that for nothing! It has cost me hundreds already to get the subsequent marriage, birth and death certificates form NY and Fl. I have been fretting about this all weekend, run to two different post offices and fedex. MILLE GRAZIE!!
by puglisigeraci
22 Jan 2014, 22:24

The letter I had from my great aunt mentioned a twin, but did not remember the name. Thanks for your help, I do not know why I did not get an e-mail alerting me to te additonal answers form you. So I am sorry I am late with my thanks. BUT NOW the Post office does not sell Irc's anymore. Fedex wants ...
by puglisigeraci
18 Jan 2014, 16:33

I went over my son's house yesterday and he showed me a ships manifest he found online showing Antonia Della Chiesa and 6 girls with the same last name after hers on the list. There was no Domenico Della Chiesa's name with theirs on the same page. I did not mean that Della Chiesa meant "no fath...
by puglisigeraci
17 Jan 2014, 23:26

Thank you so much Adelfio for your help. My son found Antonina's birth name as Della Chiesa on that date in Lipari, but when she came over with her 5 sisters and mom ( no dad Della Chiesa) her last name was listed as Geraci. Antonina then married Basilio Puglisi, had my grandfather Guiseppe in 1911....
by puglisigeraci
16 Jan 2014, 23:59

Need 2 birth certificates for great grandparents

Antonina Geraci was born in Lipari in 1887 I found an address of Piazza Mazzini,1-98055, Lipari, Italy Basilio Puglisi's info from a us census states he was from Brolo,Messina, Sicily born 1865 or 1864 I am not sure where to write for his long form. Is it proper to send along some cash, since I have...