Search found 68 matches

by Liberati
09 Oct 2017, 01:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Genealogy on Italian WWII Gen. Amedeo Liberati
Replies: 1
Views: 885

Genealogy on Italian WWII Gen. Amedeo Liberati

I am looking for any vital statistics, genealogical or biographical information available on Brig. Gen. Amedeo Liberati (born on June 12,1883 - possibly in Rieti). He served in East Africa in the early stages of WWII (commanding the “Grenadiers of Savoy” division) and was a POW under the British in ...
by Liberati
09 Oct 2017, 01:38
Topic: Maj. Gen. Constantino Salvi Genealogy
Replies: 2
Views: 1033

Re: Maj. Gen. Constantino Salvi Genealogy

Thank you for looking that up! Yes - I also discovered recently through research that Salvi is a pretty common surname, and is mostly concentrated in Northern Italy. As General Salvi was born in Ravenna, I doubt he is a relative of mine as my Salvis came from the Amatrice area, as I indicated earlie...
by Liberati
08 Oct 2017, 22:24
Topic: Salvi Family Genealogy
Replies: 0
Views: 1673

Salvi Family Genealogy

I am looking for any leads regarding the genealogy of my Salvi family line. I have an ancestor named Francesca Salvi, who was married to Filippo Boni. I presume that both of them were from the Amatrice area. They had a daughter named Pasqua Boni (born 1857 in Villa San Lorenzo a Flaviano and died on...
by Liberati
08 Oct 2017, 22:16
Topic: Maj. Gen. Constantino Salvi Genealogy
Views: 1033

Maj. Gen. Constantino Salvi Genealogy

Hello, I am looking for genealogical information on an Italian Army World War II-era General named Constantino Salvi -born April 28, 1886 and died January 17, 1945 (in Flossenburg Concentration Camp in Germany). I am particularly interested in any information regarding his place of birth and ancestr...
by Liberati
17 Sep 2017, 12:04
Topic: Searching for information on the Altiero family
Replies: 8
Views: 3202

Re: Searching for information on the Altiero family

joetucciarone - and PS - my wife, kids, and I actually visited Niles back in July with a cousin who grew up there and now lives in the Cleveland suburbs (we live in Virginia). It was so neat to see all of the old family homes and graves and such. Really brought the family history to life!
by Liberati
17 Sep 2017, 12:00

joetucciarone - Wow!!! Thanks for sharing that information! We must be distantly related then - in the very least by marriage. I'll have to look back through my notes to see if there are any Scarpinos in my family - the name does sound familiar. Thanks again!
by Liberati
12 Sep 2017, 02:01

So would the Gaetano Altieri and Maria Gulfo mentioned here be the parents then of the Joseph Altieri that I mentioned above?
by Liberati
12 Sep 2017, 01:52

Thank you so much, suanj!!! Yes - I have seen the "Altieri" spelling show up before, so I was wondering if that was the actual spelling of the surname. I suspect that "Altiero" is an Americanized version of the name. And interestingly enough, Gulfo is a surname that shows up on t...
by Liberati
16 Jul 2017, 00:15

Searching for information on the Altiero family

Hello - I wanted to see if I could get help researching the Altiero side of my family. My Great-Great-Grandmother was named Benedetta Altiero, and she was born in 1876 in Colobraro Italy. She later marked Egidio Gulfo (aka George Wolfe) and immigrated to the United States in the 1910s, settling in N...
by Liberati
16 Jul 2017, 00:09
Topic: Searching for information on the Gulfo family
Replies: 3
Views: 1285

Searching for information on the Gulfo family

Hello - I wanted to see if I could get help researching the Gulfo side of my family. My Great-Great-Grandfather was Egidio Gulfo (later Americanized as "George Wolfe"). He was born in Colobraro, Italy in 1874 and served in the Italian Army in the 1890s. He immigrated to America at the turn...
by Liberati
13 Feb 2017, 20:39
Topic: Military records for Egidio Gulfo
Replies: 13
Views: 3890

Re: Military records for Egidio Gulfo

Thank you, Marty!
by Liberati
21 Jan 2017, 04:24
Topic: Liberati/Millozzi Connection
Views: 1100

Liberati/Millozzi Connection

I am looking for information on my cousin Pietro "Peter" Liberati and his wife, Nazarena Clara Millozzi. Peter was born on March 29, 1906 - presumably in Rome but maybe in Amatrice where his father Luigi Liberati was born on May 11, 1885. Peter's wife Clara was born on July 10, 1909 (or ma...
by Liberati
21 Jan 2017, 01:55
Topic: Need Help Tracing my Liberati Ancestors
Replies: 10
Views: 2944

Re: Need Help Tracing my Liberati Ancestors

Wow! It's great to see the birth certificate of Zia Rose (as we refer to her in my family). She was quite the heroine during World War II as she risked her life to help downed Allied pilots and escaped prisoners of war hide and then make it back to the safety of Allied lines. She knew that two of he...
by Liberati
20 Jan 2017, 19:47
Topic: Need Help Tracing my Gulfo Ancestors
Views: 985

Need Help Tracing my Gulfo Ancestors

I would appreciate some help in tracing the lineage of my Gulfo ancestors in Italy. My great-great-grandfather was named Egidio Gulfo and I believe that he was born in Colobraro around 1874. Family tradition holds that he served in the Italian Army (probably in the 1890s) and attained the rank of se...
by Liberati
20 Jan 2017, 19:31
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Maj. Gen. Constantino Salvi - Italian Army WWII
Views: 3452

Maj. Gen. Constantino Salvi - Italian Army WWII

I am looking for information on Maj. Gen. Constantino Salvi, who commanded the Italian Army's 201st Coastal Division in France during WWII and later died in Flossenburg Concentration Camp as a German POW. He was born on April 28, 1886 and died on January 17, 1945. I am especially interested to learn...