Search found 10 matches

by don_pa69
22 Jan 2020, 04:39
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help translating Italian postcards - Set#2
Replies: 2
Views: 501

Help translating Italian postcards - Set#2

Hi, I would like help translating these postcards. This is my second post of postcards that my cousin sent me photos of. The first set was posted in https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/language/47333 . Thank you for your help! Don ps. If you want to see the full set of postcards, they are at http...
by don_pa69
20 Jan 2020, 02:15
Topic: Help translating Italian postcards
Replies: 4
Views: 809

Help translating Italian postcards

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me translate these postcards. My cousin shared these photos with me. They are from around the 1910s. Thank you for your help. I suspect it's the normal postcard messages of "say hello to everyone for me". There are seven postcards so I'll post them...
by don_pa69
21 Jan 2018, 04:03
Topic: Help translating last name in Italian script
Replies: 2
Views: 881

Help translating last name in Italian script

Hi, I’m unable to figure out the last name in the two attached images. It’s the same name in both. One is from the Salerno State Archives Morti Restaurazione yearly index page. The other is from the actual record page. It looks like “Chiesso” or “Chiesto”. I thought it could be something like “Di es...
by don_pa69
01 Jun 2017, 06:27
Topic: Help reading handwriting on birth record
Replies: 3
Views: 875

Help reading handwriting on birth record

Hi everyone, I received a copy of a birth record from Montecorvinvo Rovella, Italy. It's not for the person I requested and I can't make out the handwriting at the bottom of the form in the comments box or the handwriting on the letter I sent them requesting information. I tried to enter it into Goo...
by don_pa69
13 Mar 2014, 01:39
Topic: Help translating 1936 letter
Views: 1406

Re: Help translating 1936 letter

Thank you! I appreciate you taking your time to help me.

Does anyone have any idea if the return address is still deliverable if I used it? Or is it to vague nowadays? I realize it's a long shot that a family member was still living there.

Take care,
Don
by don_pa69
12 Mar 2014, 05:49

Re: Help translating 1936 letter

Thank you for the translations. There's a second page in the attached PDF. Could you translate that page as well? I'm hoping that will give me more clues about who wrote the letter and who is in the picture.

Thank you,
Don
by don_pa69
11 Mar 2014, 04:35

Help translating 1936 letter

Hi, I was wondering if someone could translate the attached letter and photo. I believe this letter was never mailed. It looks like it was addressed to Italy, but doesn't seem to have been mailed. The photo was in the envelope, but I do not know if the photo belongs with the letter or not. The handw...