Search found 7 matches

by angwha
06 May 2015, 01:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Francesco De Vita ancestry
Replies: 8
Views: 1448

Re: Looking for Francesco De Vita ancestry

Update: Antonino De Vita (landowner) Birth 28 October 1873; Death 27 April 1930 in Marsala, Trapini, Italy; son of Bartolomeo De Vita and Rosa Amato . Leonarda Indelicato Birth 8 September 1876 in Marsala, Trapani, Sicilia, Italy; Death 10 August 1959 in Marsala, Trapani, Sicilia, Italy; daughter of...
by angwha
05 Mar 2015, 03:49

Francesco De Vita's birthday is January 29, 1918, Marsala, Trapini, Sicily, Italy I have his military record now. His parents were Antonino De Vita and Leonarda Indelicato, both were born in Marsala, Trapini, Sicily, Italy Can someone get a birth and death date for them and for their parents? Thank ...
by angwha
22 Feb 2015, 06:11

Thank you for the posts. We have narrowed it down to 6 possibilities. I don't know if Francesco ever came back. Immigration quotas were strict for Italians back then. He may have been from Vita, Sicily. My grandmother was 29, and my uncle thinks Frank was about 35, but is uncertain. From NARA his PO...
by angwha
10 Feb 2015, 23:13

Correction: He was a Corporal, not a Captain.
by angwha
10 Feb 2015, 22:28

Update on my grandfather, Francesco De Vita. He was a Captain in the Italian Special Units and a POW at the Mount Rainer Ordinance Depot, a fiction writer and a referential collaborator, and he owned a winery in Sicily. He was most likely from Ennes, Sicily. His birth year may be between 1904-1924. ...
by angwha
03 May 2014, 09:23

Is it possible to get a lookup for Francesco De Vita in Agrigento, Sicily, Italy, Civil Registration Records, 1844-1911? Thank you.
by angwha
03 May 2014, 06:13

Looking for Francesco De Vita ancestry

I am looking for Francesco Di/De Vita/Vida/Viti. He was an Italian POW at Mount Rainier Ordinance Center Ft Lewis in Washington State, USA. He went back to Sicily between 1944-1946. He may have been a Sargent Major and his family owned a winery. He may have been about 32 years of age in 1944. DNA te...