Search found 295 matches

by mjclayton1
09 Nov 2023, 07:54
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: What are your favorite Italian songs?
Replies: 2
Views: 3131

Re: What are your favorite Italian songs?

San Gregorio magno (Vetrate di Chiesa) - Ottorino Respighi, performed by The Philharmonia Orchestra (Geoffrey Simon - Conductor, 1984)
by mjclayton1
05 Oct 2023, 06:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lucchesi Family
Replies: 3
Views: 358

Re: Lucchesi Family

T is "absolutely" one of the best here (and is an all-time "fave" of mine), but the OP needs to indicate the comune of Lucca, if at all possible. The helpers here are (often) only as good as the initial info provided them. As a general rule, the more you offer the better the resu...
by mjclayton1
17 Sep 2023, 01:30
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 1827 Death Record - Pietro Magazu
Replies: 5
Views: 357

Re: 1827 Death Record - Pietro Magazu

.... mmogno, you attached a link to the 1827 Saponara INDICE from the Antenati site. I use the site quite often myself, but I don't understand why I don't have the same link (access to the INDEX)? See below... As you can see, the year 1827 (Morti) is split up into two sections, BOTH OF WHICH do not...
by mjclayton1
16 Sep 2023, 20:33

Re: 1827 Death Record - Pietro Magazu

Hi, Angela and mmogno. Thanks for your feedback here. Interesting on the "Floria" dialog. It's not a name I've regularly come across, yet I otherwise have several "Flavia's" in my Ancestry tree (Venuto, Ruggeri, Giordano, Salvo, etc.). I will keep this under (keen) advisement! :-...
by mjclayton1
16 Sep 2023, 07:16

1827 Death Record - Pietro Magazu

Hello, Forum- Just wondering if anyone can tell me if they think the surname of the decedent's mother is "Pisa" or Pino"? The latter surname is far, far more prevalent in Saponara, although I seem to recall having seen "Pisa" before - if only on a rare occasion... or maybe I...
by mjclayton1
12 Sep 2023, 05:37
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Visiting comuni in Messina
Replies: 6
Views: 942

Re: Visiting comuni in Messina

Someone recently posted to this subject, but it appears the post was in the data that was, unfortunately, recently lost (Aug 14- Sept 6). I returned from Italy/Sicily towards the end of August and last week tried to respond several times to the post, but each time I could not log in. I had no idea t...
by mjclayton1
08 Jul 2023, 18:09
Topic: Marriage and baptismal record - help please.
Replies: 10
Views: 705

Re: Marriage and baptismal record - help please.

Edit to add from my prior post: "You're in very good hands here with Pippo AND "T", for sure..." :D
by mjclayton1
08 Jul 2023, 02:31
Topic: Marriage and baptismal record - help please.
Replies: 10
Views: 705

Re: Marriage and baptismal record - help please.

@joeylucas You're in very good hands here with Pippo, for sure, but interesting to me that you're probably well familiar with the Fratellanza Racalmutese Italian Club on Murray St., in Hamilton. I went there myself when I visited in 2019. My story is a long one (and would probably not interest you i...
by mjclayton1
30 May 2023, 00:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carmelo Pitruzzello
Views: 323

Re: Carmelo Pitruzzello

I don't see any under either tree.
by mjclayton1
29 May 2023, 20:44

Thanks for that added tidbit of info, cedrone... After chewing on some/all of this, I guess I need to fine-tune my approach (and questions) here. Based on my own long-existing research, I already have Atti di Nascita for all four (4) of my 2x great-grandparents (all four born in the 1830's). That is...
by mjclayton1
24 May 2023, 07:33

Thanks very much for this, Erudita. I know I have precious little time to spend while there, but will try and digest it and see where it takes me.

Mark

[p.s. - I hope you're doing well!]
by mjclayton1
20 May 2023, 04:02

Visiting comuni in Messina

Hello, Forum- I'm traveling to Italy/Sicily in August. I will only have one (1!) day - actually, parts of two days - in Sicilia to try and make some connections at local cimiteri and (doubtful) Anigrafes, etc. I'll be in Sicilia the 3rd-4th week of August. I need recommendations as to what I can pos...
by mjclayton1
17 Feb 2023, 20:48
Topic: Margin notation translation - Rosalie Favale
Views: 337

Re: Margin notation translation - Rosalie Favale

Hi Angela. Good to hear from you. Thanks for that feedback - is much appreciated.

Mark
by mjclayton1
17 Feb 2023, 17:23
Topic: Margin notation translation - Rosalie Favale
Views: 337

Margin notation translation - Rosalie Favale

Hello, Forum- It's been a while since I've posted here... Can someone translate the side entry in this record (No. 86) for me, please? It's a little fuzzy, but I nevertheless hope someone here can fill in the blanks for me. I do see/recognize the 1894 and 1831(1821?) dates... https://www.familysearc...
by mjclayton1
13 Jul 2022, 05:49
Topic: Birth Day Translation__1880 Rosalia
Replies: 3
Views: 386

Re: Birth Day Translation__1880 Rosalia

Yeah, this is a really neat fact to know about these records. Can't say I've ever noticed the usage of a box to make a correction at the end of the record. I imagine it's not commonplace, but still... I'm curious, Livio: Any idea how long was this sort of reference was utilized? Do you have a feelin...