Search found 7 matches

by schoolnurse
11 Jul 2004, 05:06
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: translate occupation
Replies: 5
Views: 6735

Re: translate occupation

Dear Peter and Suanj, Thanks so much again. What looked like "arciere", was in fact, "usciere" (you know how that handwriting can be). I had been thinking along the same lines as you, Peter, but I guess actually living in Italy, Suanj knew what made sense. I think he was the bail...
by schoolnurse
09 Jul 2004, 05:55
Topic: translate occupation
Replies: 5
Views: 6735

translate occupation

Could someone translate the occupation of my ggggrandfather as shown on his death certificate in 1861, please? It reads "Arciere al Conciliatore". I have never seen this before and would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Donna
by schoolnurse
03 Mar 2004, 17:44
Topic: Help in translating title
Replies: 2
Views: 4794

Dear Maurizio,
Thank you so much for the translation. The last letter in parroco was blurred, so thanks for clearing that up, too. You have been so helpful.
Ciao,
Donna
by schoolnurse
03 Mar 2004, 01:31
Topic: Help in translating title
Replies: 2
Views: 4794

Help in translating title

On what appears to be a church document that was included with marriage prossessetti on a film from Campobasso, an ancestor of mine was referred to as " Signore Parroca Don Serafino di Giuseppe Maglieri". At the end of document he signed his name " L'Parroca Serafino Maglieri". C...
by schoolnurse
05 Nov 2003, 05:51
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Montesarchio
Replies: 3
Views: 6461

John and Suanj,
Thank you so much for the info. I even had an old Atlas, but could not find that. I am going to that website now----it sounds interesting!
Thanks again
Donna
by schoolnurse
04 Nov 2003, 05:30
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Montesarchio
Replies: 3
Views: 6461

Montesarchio

On my gggrandfather's marriage license, it said he was born in Montesarchio, province of Principata Ultra. This was in 1851. All current information has Montesarchio in Benevento and I'm unable to even find a province called Principata Ultra. Does anyone know a website that has information about pro...
by schoolnurse
13 Apr 2003, 22:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Terranova in Baranello
Replies: 1
Views: 3565

Terranova in Baranello

I am looking for any info on the Terranova Family from Baranella, Campobasso.