Search found 48 matches

by PurrfectMeow
21 May 2016, 04:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Frosinone or Roma providence or not? Where to find records?
Replies: 11
Views: 6495

Re: Frosinone or Roma providence or not? Where to find records?

Just wanted to come back and say thank you for the contact info and all the help. I did send an email to the first one and am waiting to hear back, though I did not include a photo id I did include my full name. I guess if I don't hear back, at least theres hope soon the records will be added to ant...
by PurrfectMeow
10 May 2016, 20:37

Just looked at all marriage records from 1883-1895 here http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Roma/Stato+civile+italiano/Roma/Matrimoni+indice/ invidually as well as the ones together here http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Roma/Stato+civile+ita...
by PurrfectMeow
10 May 2016, 18:12

Thank you for the reply. I looked just now, up to image 10 and it seems the Ab* records end before then and there are no abballe's or abbo's. Not sure if more Ab* records could be mixed in elsewhere there or if many records are missing index or what. Would the records from Alatri also be in this ind...
by PurrfectMeow
10 May 2016, 14:41

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this. Had a death in family shortly after and forgot I had posted this. Thank you for the replies, however I am still confused. A google search brings up this http://www.italyworldclub.com/lazio/frosinone/ if I'm understanding it right Frosinone providenc...
by PurrfectMeow
10 Jan 2016, 21:02

Frosinone or Roma providence or not? Where to find records?

Can anyone help me? I have who my ancestors parents are, but cannot find anything on them or find a birth record of my ancestor. His name was Joseph Abbo and he lived in niagara falls, NY and Lyons, Ny for 2 years after immigrating, according to obituary and was born in rome, according to obituary. ...
by PurrfectMeow
20 Jul 2015, 23:54
Topic: Lipari 1890 birth records lost? and can anyone help me with figuring out dna connection?
Replies: 4
Views: 2054

Re: Lipari 1890 birth records lost? and can anyone help me with figuring out dna connection?

Thank you very much for this! And that looks like her birthday is November 27 if I'm reading it right, if so that is only off by one day from this record here which I think is her: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JK1G-SJ4 so this definitely confirms it must be the same Giuseppa Picone. Thank...
by PurrfectMeow
20 Jul 2015, 07:16
Topic: Lipari 1890 birth records lost? and can anyone help me with figuring out dna connection?
Replies: 4
Views: 2054

Lipari 1890 birth records lost? and can anyone help me with figuring out dna connection?

I'm trying to find a birth in 1890 to check if my dna match's great grandmother is my great grandmothers sister. However, Lipari birth year 1890 seems to be missing, did something happen to the records for that year? I need a record for a Giuseppa Picone born in Lipari about 1890 to check if she has...
by PurrfectMeow
17 Jul 2015, 02:11
Topic: Cerda Ancestors Records
Replies: 8
Views: 2944

Re: Cerda Ancestors Records

Thank you again. That certainly makes it easier to find sisters of ancestors, if I ever get that far.
by PurrfectMeow
16 Jul 2015, 23:15

Thank you, that sure sounds tedious. Hopefully the ones I need are in the 1886-1895 index. Also, one more question. Would a women be listed under her married name, or her maiden name in the index? Just asking cause I thought I heard something before about italian women going by their married name. I...
by PurrfectMeow
16 Jul 2015, 17:43

Also, is there a page or something with an index of the death records? I cannot figure out how people have been able to find specific records before. The one online at familysearch has over 3000 pages and no index in the front or back of it (not searchable either, far as I can tell).
by PurrfectMeow
16 Jul 2015, 17:17

Thanks, I guess I'll have to look into that.
by PurrfectMeow
16 Jul 2015, 06:36

Cerda Ancestors Records

I'm looking for 2 marriages from Cerda that both probably happened in the 1850s, or an index to marriages from Cerda from that period. Or help finding death records of my ancestors. I've looked on http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/?q=gallery and they don't seem to have Palermo records and fam...
by PurrfectMeow
29 Jun 2015, 14:20
Topic: lipari birth records index?
Replies: 23
Views: 8935

lipari birth records index?

Is there a link of lipari birth records index anywhere online or some easier way of sifting through all the records at https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-23894-30683-49?cc=1887904&wc=93LS-K6D:179051601,179265401 ? I'd rather not have to skip through pages until I hit upon each years i...
by PurrfectMeow
21 May 2015, 22:40
Topic: Is this my ancestor?
Views: 3494

Re: Is this my ancestor?

Thank you very much! Dunno how I missed that. (from a glance at index page I probably thought name was something else as didn't look like favaloro to me) Thanks for the info on microfilms....16th century?! wow. Wouldn't have thought that possible without lots of money. I'll have to see about that. ...