Search found 450 matches

by Anizio
13 Aug 2018, 00:25
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Esposta marriage translation
Replies: 1
Views: 978

Esposta marriage translation

Hello, for years I just wrote off this ancestor as a foundling I would not be able to trace. The best clue I had for her is that she was from the Ospedale e Conservatorio degli esposti San Michele in Fano. But now her marriage in Cerasa (San Costanzo) seems maybe to have a clue? I need some help rea...
by Anizio
31 Jul 2018, 23:09
Topic: Marriage translation
Views: 998

Marriage translation

Hello,

I need help translating a marriage. Mostly the second half that has the important details.

I know the date says 25 Feb 1832.

Then it says the marriage of Matteo Paluzzi of the Parish of S. Maria and....

what does it say about the wife and where she may be from? Thanks!
by Anizio
28 Jul 2018, 01:47
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Monte Guardia
Views: 1272

Monte Guardia

In this marriage document from 1624 for my ancestor Ottaviano Cenci, it says his wife Camilla di Giovanni Valerio was from what looks like Monte Guardia. The marriage was in Mondavio, Pesaro e Urbino. I need help figuring out nearby places that might have frazioni called Monte Guardia or may once ha...
by Anizio
28 Jul 2018, 01:22
Topic: Help reading 1574
Replies: 3
Views: 1481

Re: Help reading 1574

Anyone good at reading Latin? It's not Latin, but an archaic Italian... thanks, but pointing that out is not really in and of itself any help at all. I think I figured out the gaps myself Cencio di Ottaviano was from Sasferato (Sassoferrato), and Margherita was the daughter of Giovanni Maria Gambel...
by Anizio
27 Jul 2018, 03:58
Topic: Help reading 1574
Views: 1481

Help reading 1574

Anyone good at reading Latin? I can make out some of the important details but a lot is eluding me. 10 October 1574 Cencio figliolo di Taviano [aka. Ottaviano] da _______, sposo donna Margherita figliola di _______ alias ______ in la villa de Malatesta ...... Most importantly looking for the blanks ...
by Anizio
05 Jul 2018, 16:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Foundling and new surname at death
Replies: 14
Views: 4990

Re: Foundling and new surname at death

I would need to see the records to be able to answer. I mean the answer could be "yes" but the question is not is possible, the question is did it happen in your case. A number of things are possible. You say these are church records? Well church records tend to make reference to both nick...
by Anizio
01 Jul 2018, 04:19
Topic: Santa Maria dell'Orazione e Morte
Views: 1229

Santa Maria dell'Orazione e Morte

in 1767 my ancestor Giovanni Previtali died and arranged to have his body burried at Santa Maria dell'Orazione e Morte. Would that mean that his skull might be on display in the crypt with his name and the date of his death right on it? I see pictures online that show skulls in the crypt like this. ...
by Anizio
08 Dec 2017, 22:25
Topic: Giuseppe Garofano in prison at the time of his daughter's marriage?
Views: 1941

Re: Giuseppe Garofano in prison at the time of his daughter's marriage?

Prison records for that time period do not exist. But what does exist are court records. The Archivio di Stato can give you the court records which could explain a lot, but in order to request them you usually need to find more information about when the trial happened. Which isn't as hard as it see...
by Anizio
02 Dec 2017, 02:46
Topic: Baptisms in Florence
Views: 1171

Baptisms in Florence

Does anyone know how common it was for babies to baptized at the Battistero di San Giovanni in Firenze?

There appear to be records of babies from parishes all across Florence being baptized there, so I wonder was it that all babies were baptized there or some were and some were not.

Thanks
by Anizio
13 Nov 2017, 02:39
Topic: Colecchia
Views: 1188

Colecchia

Hello, I found a website with some interesting information on my Colecchia ancestors from Pescocostanzo (AQ). I have only trace them to the 1700s, but this site seems to have a lot more information. http://www.nobili-napoletani.it/Colecchia.htm It references a book: Sabatini G., “Scritti editi ed in...
by Anizio
13 Nov 2017, 02:37
Topic: Using Mother's Surname
Replies: 7
Views: 3695

Re: Using Mother's Surname

I have seen many instances of records of people who are listed with their mother's surname. Never the baptism. Anizio, this was in the bride’s [Concetta Caligiore] baptism extract in the allegati where her mother was given with her mother’s surname. It was not the baptism of her mother [Rosa Cavale...
by Anizio
05 Nov 2017, 07:38
Topic: Florence
Replies: 4
Views: 2451

Re: Florence

Sorry but I know that......I was asking about the digital records at the link I posted. There are digital records predating 1700s for Florence online. I just want to know if they are for one Parish or all parishes....
by Anizio
01 Nov 2017, 16:28

Re: Florence

The antenati site does not go back to the 1700s....which is my starting point here :(
by Anizio
31 Oct 2017, 22:14
Topic: Using Mother's Surname
Replies: 7
Views: 3695

Re: Using Mother's Surname

I have seen many instances of records of people who are listed with their mother's surname. Never the baptism. In my experience it tends to be the same circumstance that leads to the presence of "alias" "detto" or "vulgo" in records where people have two surnames. More ...
by Anizio
31 Oct 2017, 22:02

Florence

Hello, my cousin and I just found out we have ancestry from Florence. One of our ancestors, Filippo Maccarelli was born in Rome in 1771. His father is listed as Pietro Maccarelli of Florence. I found this resource, but I am a little unclear. Does it give access to ALL baptisms of Florence, or just t...