Search found 57 matches

by Gags
05 Aug 2021, 03:40
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with a quick translation
Replies: 14
Views: 2645

Re: Help with a quick translation

Thank you so much! Your translation sounds much better than mine!
by Gags
04 Aug 2021, 23:20

It varies by consulate, although the majority work that way. The Houston consulate allowed me to translate all my (numerous) documents myself. I checked in advance and they basically just said be sure that you're capable. Hi BBivona - it sounds like you're a native speaker or close to it? May I ple...
by Gags
04 Aug 2021, 17:19

Hi Ann, Thanks for the reply. I wasn't clear in my original post - all of my translations were done by one of the approved ones listed by the consulate. I am just looking to update them slightly by inserting the few bits that were added to my birth record upon correction. Hoping someone can check if...
by Gags
03 Aug 2021, 21:55

Help with a quick translation

Hi All, In my citizenship application, I hit a snag as my father has been using his confirmation name since the 7th grade. Of course, my birth record shows his legal middle name. It's taken a year to get my birth record updated with his original middle name. I'm now updating my translations and woul...
by Gags
09 Apr 2019, 19:06
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Proper sequence of document, Apostille, and translation?
Replies: 7
Views: 4402

Proper sequence of document, Apostille, and translation?

Hi All, Probably a subject beaten to death, but was hoping to get clarification since I've seen conflicting info. I'm in the process of gathering all docs for a JS appointment in Los Angeles. The majority of my US documents are from NYC with a few exceptions. I have had them certified by the county ...
by Gags
09 Feb 2019, 17:05
Topic: Comune di San Tammaro (CE)
Replies: 2
Views: 1200

Re: Comune di San Tammaro (CE)

Thanks Tessa!

That's a good idea, but I'm looking for the Atto di Matrimonio for my JS application.
I don't think the announcement would suffice...

If my efforts don't succeed, the next step will be to hire someone to chase it down...

Thanks!
Ryan
by Gags
09 Feb 2019, 01:22
Topic: Comune di San Tammaro (CE)
Views: 1200

Comune di San Tammaro (CE)

Hi All, I sent a letter to the Comune in San Tammaro (Caserta) in OCT2018 to obtain my GGF & GGM marriage record, but haven't gotten a reply. (I did get my GGF's birth record in DEC2018 from his nearby town, Santa Maria Capua Vetere, so I assume the San Tammaro letter arrived in a similar timefr...
by Gags
06 Dec 2018, 23:01
Topic: Gender on results is incorrect. Can it be corrected?
Views: 1090

Re: Gender on results is incorrect. Can it be corrected?

Hi NJB, Not sure on the correction aspect of your question, but for the request, look in this forum for example request letters. I searched "sample letter" and got a bunch of hits. For example: http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian-genealogy-online/ I recently wrote to my hometown's comun...
by Gags
14 Nov 2018, 01:08
Topic: San Francisco Consulate - Dual Cit.in Italy
Replies: 10
Views: 2983

Re: San Francisco Consulate - Dual Cit.in Italy

Hi Mimz, I know it's of little comfort, but in SoCal, it's much worse. I called the Los Angeles Consulate last year to get my appointment and it's all set!...for Sept 2022, that is. Another member here posted a couple months ago that he called for an LA Consulate appointment and his is 6 years away!...
by Gags
23 Oct 2018, 16:29
Topic: How strict are the consulates with spellings and Anglicized names?
Views: 3245

Re: How strict are the consulates with spellings and Anglicized names?

Thanks for the replies. jennabet, I understand one can submit corrections with NYC for a number of documents, including death records, using the appropriate corrections request form and official birth record in my case: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/services/certificate-corrections.page My GGF and G...
by Gags
22 Oct 2018, 18:51

Re: How strict are the consulates with spellings and Anglicized names?

Thanks for the quick reply mler!!

Even Item #1? I figured since I'm trying to prove lineage that having my GGF's mother's name as Albina Pecoraro rather than Maria Bottiglieri would set off red flags. But I am tracing the Gagliano lineage rather than either of these 2 names...
by Gags
22 Oct 2018, 18:37

How strict are the consulates with spellings and Anglicized names?

Hi All, I'm gathering all my documents and just wondering how strict the consulates are with names. I'm sure the answer is, "It depends" but curious if anyone has any feedback on their experiences. A few of my concerns in my case: 1 - My GGF's death record shows his wife's mother's maiden ...
by Gags
22 Oct 2018, 01:48
Topic: Paternal line to GGGGF, Can we get Citizenship?
Replies: 18
Views: 5967

Re: Paternal line to GGGGF, Can we get Citizenship?

OpusReticulatum's post is pretty awesome!!!!! Just saying.
by Gags
22 Oct 2018, 01:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Are there birth records from Napoli around 1788 online?
Replies: 22
Views: 5175

Re: Are there birth records from Napoli around 1788 online?

I was trying to figure out occupation..you said something about violins? The closest I came to his occupation was conductor. conduttore in italian. Any musical history? Blacksmiths are usually called ferraro. I'm just putting that out there. Good luck in your search. Very interesting!! Yes, the Gag...