Search found 9 matches

by josetomolo
04 Dec 2018, 06:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching Italian Records- Sicily.Siracusa.Sortino.
Replies: 2
Views: 691

Re: Searching Italian Records- Sicily.Siracusa.Sortino.

Thanks for your response Nick In particular I was hoping to a search on my grandfathers sister or sistser (my grandfather was foundling who never knew his biological parents) Are you able to assist with this? -Giulia Rafala (my grandfathers sister/ stepsister) however grew up in Melilli Sicily unkno...
by josetomolo
03 Dec 2018, 13:05
Topic: Searching Italian Records- Sicily.Siracusa.Sortino.
Replies: 2
Views: 691

Searching Italian Records- Sicily.Siracusa.Sortino.

Hi there, Looking for help with searching for archives/records online. Just thought I would post my query here as well in addition to previous post.... I can see from family search website that you can access the historical collection of civil records in the province of Siracusa between 1900-1940 bu...
by josetomolo
03 Dec 2018, 13:00
Topic: cognome "Tomolo"
Replies: 11
Views: 2505

Re: cognome "Tomolo"

Hello and thank you again for all your assistance 3 years ago. I have now returned with some new information and was hoping to gain some guidance about accessing some further records online but I don't know if this is possible. I can see from family search that you can access the historical collecti...
by josetomolo
11 Apr 2015, 05:22
Topic: new at searching online records.....
Replies: 5
Views: 1479

Re: new at searching online records.....

Hi guys, more specifically say for example I am trying to search through Italia, Siracusa, Siracusa, Stato Civile (Tribunale), 1900-1942 for Ferla (below is the link) https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-34681-16932-34?cc=2110810&wc=MHDB-8ZQ:361786101,361784802 there are 2000 pages, any...
by josetomolo
11 Apr 2015, 05:08

Re: new at searching online records.....

Thank you for the links and information When I clicked on the first link for records in Ferla, cittadinanze only 5 pages in the book came up? There was no registry in any order just 5 pages. Can anyone help as to what to expect when navigating these registries' and how I find information on a partic...
by josetomolo
24 Mar 2015, 07:58

new at searching online records.....

Hi all, Is anyone able to direct me on how to search for civil records and or military records in sicily (province Siracusa ( town Ferla & Sortino) from 1901 onwards? I have been trying to search on ancestry.com and familysearch.org but not getting very far Do you need special membership to acce...
by josetomolo
24 Mar 2015, 07:55

Hi Erudita Thank you again for all of your helpful tips and information. If I was wanting to get some information about his life as a child is there anywhere that you think I could write to possibly the church that baptised him? I understand that these institutions protected that single mothers iden...
by josetomolo
21 Mar 2015, 02:56

Thank you so much erudita74 and adelfio ! I had tried to look up his details on the births/ marriages civil documents / military etc on family org and also ancestry.com but I didnt know how to narrow down the search effectively? Can anyone shed some light on to how to narrow down the searches on the...
by josetomolo
20 Mar 2015, 13:46

cognome "Tomolo"

Hi all If anyone has any information/links to the surname "Tomolo" Trying to find more information on my non no's family His name was Vincenzo Tomolo likely to have been born in Sortino or around there 1901. Didnt know his parents. Had a sister/ step sister with the name Giulia Rafaele. An...