Search found 5 matches

by mnl2124
18 Aug 2015, 13:58
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Am I eligable for citizenship?
Replies: 12
Views: 5773

Re: Am I eligable for citizenship?

It is pretty expensive, but I hope to offset the price by bringing in other family members who will also be able to benefit, and want to chip in.
Perhaps you could ask around; siblings, cousins, etc., and get together with some other family members to make a case.
by mnl2124
12 Aug 2015, 20:37

Thanks again mler! I have sent out emails to two of the big '48 case lawyers, Paiano and Di Ruggiero, and I hope to hear back from them soon. I'll let you know how it goes!
by mnl2124
05 Aug 2015, 03:52

Unfortunately I believe this is the only possible path to Italian citizenship I have. I will contact an Italian citizenship lawyer about pursuing it in court. Split up among many family members who would also be entitled to citizenship, I don't think a lawyers fee would pose much of a problem.
by mnl2124
04 Aug 2015, 01:58

Thank you both so much for your replies! I know that my great grandfather naturalized in the mid to late '20s and my grandmother came over with her mother in, I believe, 1929, when she was 8 or so. Interestingly, I believe for most of her childhood, she lived only with her mother, as her father trav...
by mnl2124
31 Jul 2015, 23:47

Am I eligable for citizenship?

Hi all, just wondering if I qualify for Italian citizenship. Any tips on consulates/making my case appreciated! My grandmother was born in Italy and stayed there with her mother (who never naturalized) when her father left for America to work and naturalized while there. However, my grandmother was ...