Search found 8 matches

by Granddaughter
04 May 2021, 20:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Find A Grave for Italy?
Replies: 6
Views: 11781

Re: Find A Grave for Italy?

How can I find out if my grandfather died in Sicily? It would have been sometime after 1945. He was born in 1883.
by Granddaughter
14 Oct 2015, 05:06
Topic: Salvatore Cimo from Alia, Sicily
Replies: 16
Views: 3026

Re: Salvatore Cimo from Alia, Sicily

Tessa, I will keep searching! Tonight I went online and ordered the original of Sam's SS application and expect it within 20 business days. It will be interesting to see if there is an Arizona address listed and then the work starts on why he was in Arizona. It is easy to get anxious and want answer...
by Granddaughter
13 Oct 2015, 20:36

Tessa, I did go online to read about Social Security numbers and had made a note to branch off and start searching Arizona records and publications but have not done that yet. I will take your advice and request his original SS application as well. I also pulled a form from the internet of a letter ...
by Granddaughter
13 Oct 2015, 01:16

Tessa, Thank you for posting the newspaper article. Yes, that has to be my grandfather. I must be the worst searcher because I did not come across that article after searching through records for hours yesterday. I have not had any success using the social security number to find a death certificate...
by Granddaughter
11 Oct 2015, 18:06

Suanj, Thank you, yes that is my grandfather. I hope now that I have Salvatore's USA social security number, I can find a record of his death in the USA. We are not sure whether he went back to Italy after he abandoned his family in Texas in the 1940s. I appreciate your help and all you do to help p...
by Granddaughter
11 Oct 2015, 17:49

Marty, Thank you very much for the above info. Having the social security number should help me find death records in the USA but I have not been successful. I suppose it is possible the SSA was not notified of his death. I have not been successful in finding his death noted anywhere but I will keep...
by Granddaughter
11 Oct 2015, 15:28

Tessa, Thank you for quick response and for verifying Salvatore's birth information. This man seems to have vanished but there has to be someway to find out and I will not give up! I will take your advice and write to the Comune of Alia for guidance. I am very grateful for the help you have been and...
by Granddaughter
11 Oct 2015, 03:29

Salvatore Cimo from Alia, Sicily

I am interested in finding out if my grandfather, Salvatore Cimo, died in Italy or Sicily after 1940. He immigrated to America, married my grandmother and then disappeared sometime after 1940. I have researched and cannot find a death record of him in America and my grandmother always suspected he w...