Search found 21 matches

by lvelt
06 Jul 2016, 22:05
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano
Replies: 514
Views: 264604

Re: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

Stefano, congrats! Do you know if the process would be longer getting citizenship when other family members were added to your lawsuit? 1 family member is trying to get it ASAP. We have about 5-10 others that would be a quick add. We don't want to drag them down but it would be a savings to do all a...
by lvelt
29 Jun 2016, 20:59
Topic: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano
Replies: 514
Views: 264604

Re: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

To challenge the 1948 case in Italy do you have to get your paperwork approved through an Italian Consulate here in the United States first?
by lvelt
29 Jun 2016, 15:17
Topic: Confused on eligibility Jure Sanguinis?
Replies: 64
Views: 33089

Re: Confused on eligibility Jure Sanguinis?

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).

In Philly they helped him search both my GGM and GGF and gave him a letter that states no record found.

Do we now need to go to DC and do it there as well?
by lvelt
28 Jun 2016, 16:25

Fastest way to get No Record Found for naturalization? My son is heading to The National Archives at Philadelphia to try and get a No Record Found for my Great Grand Father’s Naturalization Petition. The 1920 Census state on line 14. Naturalized or Alien and has Alien for him and GGM. Will I need sh...
by lvelt
19 Jun 2016, 02:58

I contacted Luigi Paiano and agreed that my grandfather's citizenship was lost because his father naturalized when he was 12 years old. New twist; my Grandmother was born here in the USA in 1908. Her Father and Mother were both born in Italy 1879 & 1885. Came to America in about 1907 and were ma...
by lvelt
10 Jun 2016, 05:03

From: http://www.myitaliancitizenship.com Q: I've looked through all the categories on your Qualifying page, but I'm still not sure if I qualify. A. Whatever your circumstances, remember that there are two principle laws governing Italian citizenship jure sanguinis. The first is that citizenship can...
by lvelt
01 Jun 2016, 18:44

OK:

If we are going to Italy to find a lawyer to help with our Italian Citizenship where do we start?

Philadelphia Consulate said they don't need to see the documents because we do not qualify.

Next step? Flying to Italy at the end of this month.

Thank you for any info.
by lvelt
18 May 2016, 21:31

From an Italian website: "Italian citizenship by descent is granted by birth through the paternal line (with no limit on the number of generations) or through the maternal line (for individuals born after January 1, 1948). If you were born in any country where citizenship is acquired by birth y...
by lvelt
11 May 2016, 16:15

Confused on eligibility Jure Sanguinis?

After months of work by not just me but many other very helpful people. I was just told my son and I are not able to get Dual Citizenship through Jure Sanguinis from the Philly Consulate. My grandfather was born in Italy in 1901 His father Italian born 1880 was naturalized in America in 1913 My fath...
by lvelt
14 Apr 2016, 15:44
Topic: Can I pick up birth certificate (estratto) while visiting the Comune?
Replies: 42
Views: 15260

Re: Can I pick up birth certificate (estratto) while visiting the Comune?

Now what?? State of PA has no record of my grandmother. They gave me her death certificate with all the correct information. They also gave me a no record birth certificate. On my fathers birth certificate it has the wrong birth places for his parents. Plus his dad's first name was shorted to Sam fr...
by lvelt
06 Apr 2016, 17:03

Thanks, Non Visa question: Americans traveling to Italy only have 90 days in a 180 day period without a Visa? Reason for this question is if he takes all documents to Italy to get citizenship and it takes longer than 90 days this may become a problem. Is there a visa from the Philly consulate that h...
by lvelt
05 Apr 2016, 22:31

Thank you.

Do you know if all the USA Doc's (besides the Naturalization paperwork) needs apostilles and translated?

All Birth Certificates (even the females), Death Certificates and Marriage Licenses?
by lvelt
05 Apr 2016, 21:29

Philadelphia, PA, Also picked up the Naturalization papers from the county in PA, where GGF officially filed. They gave me a copy but said they were not allowed to put a seal or sign it as official. Is Washington, DC and Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) my next trip? Or is there another ...