Search found 5 matches

by garrysdad
20 Jul 2016, 20:17
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: List of people leaving Italy circa 1880
Replies: 7
Views: 3838

Re: List of people leaving Italy circa 1880

Thanks to both Tessa78 and to Ken for taking the trouble to reply to my query. I have been very active on Scotlandspeople and with the LDS microfilms and so have discovered your information already. I am still curious about the two young Italians landing on the West Coast of Scotland !

Garrysdad
by garrysdad
16 Jul 2016, 09:11

Re: List of people leaving Italy circa 1880

The names of the 2 brothers were Antonio La Marra and Nicola La Marra. They arrived in Scotland around 1881 initially. Antonio lost his first 2 wives and so made the trip on 3 occasions. Antonio was born in Sant'Elia on 19 February 1855 whilst Nicola was born in Sant'Elia on 28 October 1861. Garrysdad
by garrysdad
05 Jul 2016, 19:15

List of people leaving Italy circa 1880

Hello

Is there a source for the names of people who left Italy around 1881 ? My great grandfather and his brother left Sant'Elia Fiumerapido in then but I don't know if they intended to land on the West coast of Scotland or if they were bound for New York ?

Garrysdad
by garrysdad
03 Jul 2016, 20:25
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Detailed index of records for Sant' Elia Fiumerapido
Replies: 2
Views: 2311

Re: Detailed index of records for Sant' Elia Fiumerapido

Hello Ken.

Thanks for your help. I have ordered the film of marriages covering 1820-1850 and will see what it contains. I will also look online at the others you have listed. I am researching La Marra and Lanni surnames back from 1860.

Garrysdad
by garrysdad
28 Jun 2016, 15:06
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Detailed index of records for Sant' Elia Fiumerapido
Replies: 2
Views: 2311

Detailed index of records for Sant' Elia Fiumerapido

Hello.

I am working my way through the LDS microfilms for Sant' Elia Fiumerapido. Rather than order the films one by one and hope to find a particular record I wonder if there is a detailed index of the records which appear on each film.