Search found 10 matches

by tim340
19 Feb 2007, 18:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Books on Calabrian History
Replies: 4
Views: 5175

Books on Calabrian History

Can anyone recommend and good books on the history of Calabria? ...in English of course. I've found a few that deal with southern Italy and some on the kingdom of the two Sicilies, but nothing on Calabria. I would appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks Tim Agazio www.genealogyreviewsonl...
by tim340
04 Jul 2004, 18:57
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Immigration Records
Views: 7274

Re: Immigration Records

Thanks Peter, thats great advice...never thought of switching the names around....I've already followed up with INS...they haven't answered my second attempt. I plan on calling and raising hell soon. Thanks again.
by tim340
30 Jun 2004, 16:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Immigration Records
Views: 7274

Immigration Records

I've been looking for my my grandmothers's (Marietta Rota) immigration records for some time now, and have not located them. She married my grandfather on 2 Oct 1913 in Denver, Colorado (from the marriage license and certificate). I have a copy of part of her Italian passport which was dated when sh...
by tim340
29 Sep 2003, 19:24
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Meaning of family name Vendegna?
Replies: 18
Views: 17905

My sister-in-law's maiden name is Vendegnia and she's from the Denver area. Have you been in contact with them? I could help if you're interested.

Tim Agazio
by tim340
18 Aug 2003, 10:29
Topic: Grandmothers Passport
Replies: 6
Views: 8135

ok, I guess I didn't make myself clear...I said nothing about 2 Maria Rota's arriving in Colorado and marrying 2 men. I don't think I said anything about 2 marriage records. 1. Because of what you told me was the date on her passport, I now know my grandmother arrived sometime between July 1913 (pas...
by tim340
18 Aug 2003, 03:49

Thanks Peter... I did check on her maiden name. Her name is Marietta Rota...she went by Maria for all her life here. She arrived here single and met up with my Grandfather in Colorado. They were then married in Oct 1913. I did find a Maria Rota who arrived on 1 Dec 1913 who was about the same age as...
by tim340
18 Aug 2003, 03:00

Grandmothers Passport

Hope someone can help me. I got a hold of of a copy of my grandmother's passport and I can't understand the date written inside...I believe it's the date she left Naples...it says the following: 01 Luzlio 1913 Thats the best I can make it out...does it make sense to anyone? Family stories says my gr...
by tim340
02 Jul 2003, 12:10
Topic: Old Letter Grandfather Received
Replies: 1
Views: 4396

Old Letter Grandfather Received

I don't know if anyone can help me, but I've come across an old letter written to my Grandfather in 1947 which i have scanned into JPEG format. My grandfather's name is Franco Antonio Agazio, or Antonio Agazio...not sure which is correct. I have just learned he came from Calabria. Is it possible tha...
by tim340
27 Jun 2003, 17:20
Topic: Fiore CAROCCIA
Replies: 3
Views: 3746

Finding Port of Entry - A Newbie's Experience

I've also been told that my grandmother came thru Ellis Island, but I can't find her in that data base either. I've submitted a request under the Freedom of Information Act to the Immigration and Naturalization service for both my grandparent's Naturalization files. What I had to include was their e...
by tim340
26 Jun 2003, 18:18
Topic: Surnames: Agazio and Rota
Replies: 1
Views: 3100

Surnames: Agazio and Rota

My grandfather and grandmother immigrated to the US in the early 1900's...my grandfather (Franco Antonio Agazio) entered through Canada somewhere around 1900 , and my grandmother (Marietta Rota) in 1912 we think through Ellis Island...although I can't find her in the Ellis Island database. I do not ...