Search found 25 matches

by KEK
15 Feb 2010, 01:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Grandfather Francisco Antonio Cunti
Replies: 13
Views: 9453

Re: Grandfather Francisco Antonio Cunti

Hello.... My Grandfather Francesco was born in Bia e Latina. Is that where your father is from? I was able to connect with someone from that village and he helped me get copies of many records. If your father has more information regarding him or his family I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you. KEK
by KEK
14 Feb 2008, 05:51
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation of a letter
Replies: 4
Views: 7496

Re: Translation of a letter

Gabfsa, Thank you. Your help and time was deeply appreciated. The professor has helped me so much over the years finding and sending me documents regarding my family. I would like to send him some money to help fund his book. How would you advise I do this? Check, money order, bank draft? Thank you ...
by KEK
09 Feb 2008, 22:59
Topic: Translation of a letter
Replies: 4
Views: 7496

Translation of a letter

Hi, Could someone translate the following letter: Any help would be deeply appreciated. KEK Gentile Signora, spero che questa mia lettera la trovi in ottima salute. Scrivo dopo qualche anno di silenzio per comunicarle due notizie che, sono convinto, saranno di suo interesse. Sono riuscito ad avere i...
by KEK
24 Sep 2003, 22:58
Topic: Book translation
Replies: 3
Views: 6362

Thanks Suanj!

Looks like I had it figured out even if I can't read one word of Italian. :)

According to this little book two cholera epidemics hit this small village of Baia e Latina (all written in Italian) many, many, people died. So sad!

Katherine
by KEK
24 Sep 2003, 21:53
Topic: Book translation
Replies: 3
Views: 6362

Book translation

Hello, could use some help. I don't need this translated word for word but I would like to know some of what is written. I know both these children died in a cholera epidemic two years before my grandfather was born. They are from the same village and they have the same last name as my grandfather, ...
by KEK
14 Aug 2003, 17:11
Topic: Translation Help Please!
Replies: 18
Views: 22510

Received Information

I am so exicted. I received a second letter from the Professor in Baia e Latina. He sent infomation about my great-grandfather, great-grandmother, and grandfather. Plus two books he has personally written about the history of Baia e Latina. All of this is in Italian, but I was able to find someone h...
by KEK
06 Aug 2003, 18:12
Topic: NARDI
Replies: 9
Views: 8704

Danni, I've been hesitating about posting this because it doesn't help in your research. Anyway, I know my great-grandmothers madien name was Maria Nardi. I'm not sure where she was born. I do know she lived and died in Baia e Latina and died on October 11, 1906. When I went to the Ellis Island reco...
by KEK
02 Aug 2003, 06:51
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Clarification
Replies: 6
Views: 8001

Peter & Suanj, For some reason I'm having a hard time getting this straight. For Instance: ( Samples below are not real addresses ) Name........ Via Maconi 2.....street address Baia E Latina.....Commune (Town) Postale 81010...Zip Code Provincia Caserta...???? (County) Campania Regione...???? (St...
by KEK
02 Aug 2003, 03:15

Thanks Peter, I knew that! Sorry!!! I know how busy you are. Conserta is the Province. I was pretty sure I had the Town right. I shouldn't have questioned myself....I had already received two letters from Baia Latina..... Just a little unsure of myself when someone questions me. Thanks again. Kather...
by KEK
01 Aug 2003, 03:28

Clarification

Hi! Just heard from a cousin that she is sure our grandfather came from Conserta Baia Satena I had thought Conserta Baia Latina Can you tell me if these two place are near each other or are they one in the same. To refresh your memory a little my grandfather is Francesco Antonio Cunti. Thanks. Kathe...
by KEK
29 Jul 2003, 06:14
Topic: DeFazio/Fazio Family
Replies: 5
Views: 6007

Susan,

I was born and raised in La Junta, Colorado and knew several Fazio Families.

If you would like, I will see If I can get their addresses for you.

Katherine
by KEK
13 Jul 2003, 06:34

Thanks!

Maurizio,

Letters will go out tomorrow. I will let you know how it all turns out.

KEK
by KEK
12 Jul 2003, 16:00

Hi! Maurizio

Ok.... If I understand you correctly I write my response in English and add your piece in Italian on a separate piece of stationary. Oh, I forgot.....should I offer to send money for information? I want to do the right thing and don't want to offend him. I am so grateful for your continued support a...
by KEK
12 Jul 2003, 03:28

Yea Maurizio!!!

Thank You soooooooooo much!!!!! I will write back to this professor and tell him I am interested. Do you think it would be OK if I wrote to him in English? Sure would love to give it a try. Or do you think that would not be a good idea?? Maurizio, you can't imagine how excited I am. My Dad is 86 yea...
by KEK
11 Jul 2003, 07:01

Help !! Received a Letter today

I think Luigi Cunti gave his letter to Professor Simeone Veccia. Il Signor Luigi Cunti di Baia e Latina, a cui Lei si e rivolta per avere notizie sulla Sua famiglia mi ha pregato di sodisfare, nei limiti del possibile, la Sua richiesta. There is a paragraph that my grandfather's name is listed and I...