Search found 103 matches

by girty
23 Jan 2010, 15:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo
Replies: 64
Views: 47476

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

are any of your Graffeo's from Paterno, or Marsico Nuovo?
by girty
25 Apr 2009, 12:45
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: torre del greco, naples, italy
Replies: 8
Views: 8601

Re: torre del greco, naples, italy

I'm looking the years around 1865 til about 1906. The mormons do have some records for Torre Del Greco, but they start in 1905 or so..to late for me. Unfortunately mail is the only way to communicate with them. I'm at a loss right now.
by girty
05 Apr 2009, 12:21
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: torre del greco, naples, italy
Replies: 8
Views: 8601

torre del greco, naples, italy

I'm not sure what to do. For 3 years now I have been trying to get info from Torre del greco. I have sent 3 request. I used all the right forms, sent money and still nothing. I sent the last one out about 6 months ago, and nothing yet. Anyone have any ideas what I should do?
by girty
05 Nov 2006, 21:42
Topic: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo
Replies: 64
Views: 47476

Re: Still looking for great grandfather Graffeo

Where are your Graffeo's from in Italy? I have an Antonia Grafeo or similiar spelling, Married to my GGGG father Angelo Catuosco. They lived in Paterno, Marsiconuovo, Potenza Italy. around 1815 or so.
by girty
07 Feb 2006, 04:47
Topic: Corrections to Ellis Island and Ancestry sites
Replies: 2
Views: 3478

Re: Corrections to Ellis Island and Ancestry sites

Hi Nuccia, awhile back I was on Ellis Island site. I found my greatgrandfather on there, spelling was mistranscribed, though it read correctly on actual manifest. I found a section on ellis Island that allowed me to correct and I emailed them and with in 2 weeks it was corrected. I have never heard ...
by girty
06 Feb 2006, 04:57
Topic: Stuck in Flushing New York
Replies: 5
Views: 5752

Re: Stuck in Flushing New York

So your nicola was married on December 10th, 1922 right one? are you looking for his date of death and what state he died in?
by girty
03 Feb 2006, 18:45
Topic: earthquake in marsicovetere
Replies: 12
Views: 15153

Re: earthquake in marsicovetere

My grandfather's family is from Marsicovetere. I have looked at the civil registration records from that time period. They stop at the end of November for that year and begin again in January. I imagine that with so much of the town wiped out that it was nearly impossible to identify all of the dea...
by girty
24 Jan 2006, 19:27
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: medals
Replies: 17
Views: 18566

Re: medals

thanks suanj for translation.... I used altavista translator and got some of what he was saying. some part would not translate though. since I know now that I can write him in english, I think I will send him another email.
thanks again...
by girty
24 Jan 2006, 05:52
Topic: medals
Replies: 17
Views: 18566

Re: medals

just a quick update....this is an email I received from a gentleman at a military site in Italy Spero che capisca quanto le dico, lei può scrivere anche in inglese. Dalla fotografia non si riesce a comprendere molto perchè è una fotografia molto ritoccata. Per ritoccata intendo alterata nei...
by girty
17 Jan 2006, 20:06
Topic: Oddity? - ship manifests with common 'going to address&
Replies: 3
Views: 6147

Re: Oddity? - ship manifests with common 'going to addr

Yes in New York they had the same thing..If you notice alot of people going to same address on Mulberry St. I would have to assume same thing, help with jobs and a place to stay. For along time Mulberry St. was part of Little Italy in New York, could stll be.
by girty
14 Jan 2006, 21:20
Topic: Maria
Replies: 1
Views: 3913

Maria

I have found my great grandmother birth certificate and my ggrandmothers death certificate. to make sure I definately have the right people I need to know how common was it to Place the name Maria in front of their given name? I have "Maria Rosa Sangiorgio" and "Maria Raffaela Laino&q...
by girty
19 Dec 2005, 21:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: writing to people in italy
Replies: 4
Views: 5960

Re: writing to people in italy

great idea putting family tree in there...thanks so much..
by girty
19 Dec 2005, 05:12
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: writing to people in italy
Replies: 4
Views: 5960

writing to people in italy

I was searcing through Paginebianche, and came across 8 Sangiorgios from Paterno Italy. Its a small amount of people. I wanted to write to each one. I would like to see if any are related to my greatgrandmother Rose. I'm a little confused though on the address they give. If someone could tell me if ...
by girty
06 Dec 2005, 01:23
Topic: help alot
Replies: 14
Views: 18196

Re: help alot

I think your ok....died before dishonor is translation I get. And a word of advice: Never get a tattoo unless your sure what you are writing..
by girty
05 Dec 2005, 19:23
Topic: help alot
Replies: 14
Views: 18196

Re: help alot

can i ask... were you trying to go for the saying

Death before dishonor...

except written in Italian?